Thunderbolt Configuration in Bios keeps disappearing after Save & Exit --- GA-z270x-Gaming 5

filo25

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to get thunderbolt working on my hackintosh machine. I'm first trying to get it to work in my secondary windows 10 boot first. I have updated to latest Bios version, and downloaded the thunderbolt firmware and gigabyte thunderbolt firmware downloads and installed them. However, in my bios Thunderbolt Configuration does not show up under Peripherals. It shows up after i do the 'Load Optimized Defaults', however when I save & exit and load into bios again, it is again missing. It does not seem to save that feature. If i load optimized defaults, then change some other random setting in bios, and then save & exit, the random change I made stays, however the thunderbolt configuration is again missing, and because of this I am assuming I cant get thunderbolt devices to show up in my windows, I dont even have Thunderbolt devices under my Device Manager. 

I have been searching google for hours at this point, and I have seen a couple of people with the same issue but those threads didn't end up getting solved.

Mother board is the Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 5, I believe it supports thunderbolt, and I got the gigabyte alpine thunderbolt card (working, was using it on my regular PC for a bit). 

Please, I really need to get this running ASAP. I cant seem to find a solution to get my thunderbolt working.

Thank you.