Almost done

Goron

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Hardware is:

Pentium D 805, Asus P5VDC-X, Winfast 7600GT PCI-E, 1GB Ram, 80GB IDE.

Sound and S-ATA not testet yet.

USB works smooth out of the box, Network is stuck yet (RTL8201 onboard device), will take a look at it after solving the primary Problem:

Installed from 10.4.8. Intel SSE3 Reseed. After installation completet, Natit installer and repaired Disk permissions (no files were repaired). Rebootet et voila! It recognizes my NVidia with full QE/CI Support :D

Now, rebooting the system a second time, i get a "still waiting for boot device" Error. What´s my fault? Is there something missing?????

Tried some more:

Rebooting the System without having made changes, e.g. installing USB, Network, or something else und repairing disk permissions afterwards causes this waiting for boot device for me :angel:

Can so help?

-f ??? What´s the meaning of that? Haven´t heard of this switch yet, but i´ll give it a try.

Btw. HD is working on IDE-2 as Master. Everything works fine unless I reboot without having made changes to the system. I´ll test it on IDE-0 tonight, might be a solution too, i´ll report tomorrow ...

-f ??? What´s the meaning of that? Haven´t heard of this switch yet, but i´ll give it a try.

Btw. HD is working on IDE-2 as Master. Everything works fine unless I reboot without having made changes to the system. I´ll test it on IDE-0 tonight, might be a solution too, i´ll report tomorrow ...

'-f' clears the extension cache, similar to removing Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext.

Booting will take a few seconds longer, but better than no boot at all :(

Maybe there is a better explanation somewhere on the forum, I just found it by trying out.

And changing to ide 0 might also help.

Good luck.

K, thx ... report follows.

Btw. is there a way to edit the startup parameters, so OS boots with -v -f whatever automatically? I have something in mind about editing a bootlist.p (?????), but not sure about that.

Greetz