View current CPU (maybe also GPU) status

unixb0y

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I'm wondering if any software exists that lets me see my current CPU and maybe also GPU temperature and clock. I'm not sure whether my CPU is thermal throttling or so, and a software like that would definitely help a lot! "About this Mac" only shows the base clock :/ 

If this isn't a thing yet, but theoretically possible, I'd be glad about any tips and willing to give it a try myself at coding such a utility.

Thank you in advance!

Dave

Edit:

I discovered the "Intel Power Gadget". Maybe you are familiar with it; as far as I can see it only shows one frequency value - is it maybe a Mac thing that all cores run at the same frequency or so? I saw that Windows people have their CPU frequencies in the activity monitor and they sometimes have different frequencies on different cores.

Edited by unixb0y

11 minutes ago, pico joe said:

you mean like this ?

842085307_ScreenShot2019-03-04at18_53_42.thumb.png.d0d0497b7985279a6f790ef9ae5e9950.png

yes!! where can I find it?

Edited by unixb0y

25 minutes ago, pico joe said:

see this thread 

Thanks! How did you get the "Core Frequencies", "Core Temperatures" panes and the GPU one? I installed the IntelCPUMonitor.kext and RadeonMonitor.kext into Clover's EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory.

Also, my window is tiny, and it doesn't seem to allow increasing its size anyhow.

Last question: Can I disable the hard drive info? It always powers up my backup HDD which takes some time and makes noise.

Edited by unixb0y