High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65) mouse and keyboard non-functional at login screen after web driver install

LMHmedchem

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have spent allot of time trying to get to a 10.13.6 install set up because it seems as if there is no place where the full final 10.13.6 (17G5019) full installer can be downloaded. I ended up having to use a 10.13.1 installer followed by the 10.13.6 Combo update to get to 10.13.6 (17G65). If anyone knows how to download the full installer, please let me know. The app store just gives me the 18MB installer.

The system has as EVGA GTX 1050 and the installation was made with the bios set to use the 1050 and the HDMI cable plugged into the video card port. Everything works reasonable well after the install with the exception of graphic artifacts that appear here and there as expected until the proper drivers are installed.

As far as I understand, I implemented all of the steps to prepare for the web drive install.

-> enabled SIP and restart

-> Clover Configurator > Config.plist > Sections > Boot > nv_disable=1, unchecked

-> Clover Configurator > Config.plist > Sections > Graphics > Inject Intel, unchecked

-> Clover Configurator > Config.plist > Sections > System Parameters > Nvidia Web, checked

-> Clover Configurator > Config.plist > save

-> there is no file /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

-> there is no file /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

-> EmuVariableUefi was not selected in Install Drivers

-> /System/Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext exists

-> /System/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext exists

I installed WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg as this is the correct driver for my build number. The installation proceeded without error and I rebooted my system. The system comes up normally to the login screen. At the login screen, the keyboard and mouse are not functional. I have unplugged and replugged both devices with no change. I have both devices in other jacks with no change. Both devices worked perfectly before installing the web driver.

I have attached the debug files created by black.dragon74's gen_debug script in case that is useful. The debug files were taken right before I installed the web drivers after the preparation was done. Once the drivers are installed, I can't get login. I don't know how to get the debug files after the driver install unless someone tells me how to get into the system.

I have seen posts from users with the same motherboard and CPU and a GTX1060 or GTX1070, so I would expect I should be able to get this going. At any rate, I bought the components under the impression that they were compatible with High Sierra.

LMHmedchem

debug_9403.zip

• 1 month later...

-> /System/Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext exists

I have to notice that Lilu.kext is not intended to start from SLE. It must be placed in Other folder.