Mojave and nvme samsung 970 - cannot install

viktr

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

Please help - cannot install mojave on the gb z370n wifi, 8700, 2x samsung 970 nvme, rx570

Downloaded latest clover and kexts and installation hangs at the beginning.

Got some errors at boot (during clover boot, before menu appears) then boot "Mojave install" and then it stuck. Please help. Tried to turn off all fixes, tried old apfs.efi instead of apfsdriverloader - all with no success. Maybe it's a known issue and I'm just doing something completely wrong?

ty

beforeclover.jpg

boot1.jpg

clover.tar.gz

boot2.jpeg

5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:
u use a last BIOS/UEFI version? some new version have many problems under MacOS

Yep. Would you suggest rollback/dsdt patch?

Edited by viktr

22 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

rollback and dsdt patch

Looks like bios rollback helped a bit, thank you. Now it looks like another problem, have no idea what could it be. Took the config from similar computer, just with 7700 instead of 8700 and 560 instead of 570.

IMG_1349.jpeg

for install, use usb2 port

Yes, already did ) everything is fine now, thank you! But i wonder, this bios update has “cpu microcode update”, is it critical to use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
for install, use usb2 port

Yes, already did ) everything is fine now, thank you! But i wonder, this bios update has “cpu microcode update”, is it critical to use it?

1 hour ago, viktr said:

i think yes, but if don't work, stay in previous version