Creating Custom OSX86 ISO

Synthology

2 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction toward creating my own system specific install DVD?

What I am trying to do is create an OSX86 10.4.8 ISO based on JaS's DVD with Semthex's latest kernel.

For Example:

My specs are in my sig. My motherboard requires a specific kext for audio and for video. I would like to create a DVD installer that gives me the option to install the latest kernel at the time of creating my DVD and the required kext files so that I will not need to change anything other than install apps on it.

Also, my Intel Bad Axe panics with the kernels provided on the JaS 10.4.8 reseed DVD. I had to install the latest semthex kernel from a separate hard drive boot.

If anyone can just throw me even the slightest info on this, I would surely be grateful and can find my way from there. Keep in mind this would be for my own personal use and do not intend to release it or offend anyone.

Thanks in advance

Synthology

• 10 months later...

yea i have the same wish too. i've been experimenting with osx86 and require re-installation alot. i don't want to do the painstakingly long online update everytime i re-install. any little light you shed here will greatly appreciated! thanks