Toshiba L675-s7108 --- High Sierra install Issue

Twinreaper

2 posts in this topic

Ok so I'm a noob at this whole Hackintosh stuff.  I've been trying for weeks to get around the UsbMSC Identifier (non-unique) error about half way through install.  I have tried almost everything I could find on the net in reguards to this issue.  My Toshiba specs are as follows...

i3-380m (Arrandale) igpu

1T hdd

usb-esata combo (physically attached to mobo)

2 usb ports (hub controlled)

Intel hm55 graphics

I know I need to use the qe released intel grphics kexts for my 1st gen model post install, but I cannot for the life of me get around this non-unique usb hang.  I have tried every port and it still fails.  Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?  Could it really be a glitchy usb stick even though I have never had issues with it on Android/windows/Linux?  The usb i'm using is a PNY 32gb FD.  I am also using BDU with Clover r4871.  Here is a video of the whole verbose install...

I wonder why there're too many "ACPI Errors" appear from your verbose logs. Guessing, if you use patched DSDT from someone else (even with exactly same machines); remove it first.. could be problematic with diff. BIOS versions.

You need Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext placed on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other of your USB's ESP to get the Installer boot'ed. (except, you've fixed USB Device with DSDT Patching method). Plus FakeSMC, and PS2Controller kext (if using TrackPad).

As for IntelHD 1st Gen (Arrandale) there's complete guide here. Just some hints:

1. On pre-install you need using Fake IntelGfx to reach Installer screen:

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FakeID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x12345678</string>
        </dict>

2. If point [1] doesn't work, also "Block AppleIntelHD*.kext " when booting:

Go to Options [O] - System Parameters - Block kext: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD*

You don't need steps above after patching your AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (or using a proper KextToPatch method) on post-install.

Edited by Badruzeus