Lost Location Services with 10.14.3 Update

asharkey

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've updated via system preference fro 10.14.2 to 10.14.3 successfully. However, I've lost location services for Siri and Maps.

Anyone else?

I've tried a little trial and error troubleshooting but no luck...
SysPref->Privacy->Location Services is enabled with all settings checked. I've tried to disable and enable, but not luck.

I tested booting from previous backup of 10.14.2 install/uefi (pre update) and Location Services worked.

Prior to OSX update I also updated to latest clover, WEG, Lilu, AirportBrcmFixup, AppleALC.

So I tested by downgrading all of the above one at a time to the previous state, and still no Location services on 10.14.3

I've used kext utility to repair any broken kexts.

I've also tried forcequiting from activity monitor:
com.apple.geod

And I've Try Deleting:
Library/Preferences/com.apple.GEO.plist
Library/Containers/com.apple.geod

I've booted into a guest user and this did not allow location services either.

My build is using a native Broadcom BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Any thoughts?

17 hours ago, millusions said:

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Thanks for the reply and the advice.

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately still no location services.

I think you are right to think that the guest user not working as concerning as well.

So something bigger happening here...

2 hours ago, millusions said:

how about icloud stuff? is it working?

Handoff, iMessage, iCloud, Facetime, all work fine.

2 hours ago, millusions said:

maybe a new smbios.

Haven't tried this yet... would I try to use iMac Pro smobios?

Looking at Rehabman's readme concerning the kext at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

It says to use either BrcmPatchRAM.kext or BrcmPatchRAM2.kext depending on OS version.

And to use either BrcmFirmwareData.kext or BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext depending on injection type.  Originally I had all my kexts loaded in the other folder and injected via UEFI.  However, once upgrading to 10.14.3 and reading that it's better to use a kext installer rather than the UEFI method I opted to use the  BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext instead of the BrcmFirmwareData.kex (which can only be injected by UEFI)

I'm going to try and revert to the  BrcmFirmwareData.kext via UEFI to see if that changes anything.

If that doesn't work I'll just hope that the next release 10.14.4 solves the issue...

Appreciate the help.

I reckon a fresh install would be the go.

And bluetooth does work fine.  Always has, including location services, but something about this upgrade didn't jive.

At the end of the day, I can live without location services.   Thanks again for the advice!