Syntax error help DSDT

bbritton

12 posts in this topic

Hi

I am trying to create a clean DSDT for my new hackintosh.  It is all working very well and I hope this will make things even better.

I have a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER,

I9-9900K

32 gb Ram

gigabyte vega 64 OC

I extracted the DSDT and SSDT files using F4 in Clover.  I have supplied the resulting DSDT below.  THese are the four errors I get when trying to compile in MACIasl.  ALso I am using ACPI 5.1 in maciasl.

12891, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('

12900, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CASE

12904, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('

12913, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CASE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

I am newbie to hackintosh so am learning as much as I can as i go.  I am not a programmer so the syntax errors I am not sure what to do with yet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

DSDT.dsl

DSDT.aml

Edited by bbritton

maybe I am not using the up to date maciasl . Mine is 1.4.  I dont see an option for ACPI 6.1 . only 5.1

I have installed the DSDT and now my USB ports don't work.  Only the USB 2.0.  I had previously made a custom SSDT-UIAC in Clover/ACPI/Patched after port mapping and they were all working nicely.

DO I have to create another SSDT file now that I am using this DSDT in CLover/ACPI/Patched?

I noticed there is an option in MACIasl to create a SSDT.

8 minutes ago, bbritton said:

I have installed the DSDT and now my USB ports don't work.  Only the USB 2.0.  I had previously made a custom SSDT-UIAC in Clover/ACPI/Patched after port mapping and they were all working nicely.

DO I have to create another SSDT file now that I am using this DSDT in CLover/ACPI/Patched?

I noticed there is an option in MACIasl to create a SSDT.

You need create USBLegacy.kext try this one. Delete USBInjectAll and SSDT-UIAC if present.

UsbPrimeZ270P.kext.zip

Really . Wow never would have thought.  Is that because the new DSDT file gives instructions for the proper USb configuration already?

I tried your USBprime kext and deleted USBinjectall and SSDT-UIAC but my USB ports don't work still except for the 2.0 ports.

I have googled to see how to make this USBlegacy kext but I am not finding anything.  Could you please steer me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Also, how do I enable ACPI 6.1 in MacIasl?  In version 1.4 i don't see it.

Edited by bbritton

Just now, bbritton said:

I tried your USBprime kext and deleted USBinjectall and SSDT-UIAC but my USB ports don't work still except for the 2.0 ports.

I have googled to see how to make this USBlegacy kext but I am not finding anything.  Could you please steer me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Use this tool

57 minutes ago, bbritton said:

I had previously made a custom SSDT-UIAC in Clover/ACPI/Patched after port mapping and they were all working nicely.

Why not use same SSDT? if it was working why break it?

That was my thought.  But initially the only change I made was adding the new DSDT to ACPI/Patched and left my SSDT-UIAC that I created earlier in there as well.  But with both those in the patched folder the system boots very fast and works great, except my USB ports are all not working except 2.0 even though I left the SSDT-UIAC in the patched folder

Essentially the new DSDT file broke my USB port mapping and I don't know why.

PS: Still trying to figure out how to utilise ACPI 6.1

22 minutes ago, bbritton said:

That was my thought.  But initially the only change I made was adding the new DSDT to ACPI/Patched and left my SSDT-UIAC that I created earlier in there as well.  But with both those in the patched folder the system boots very fast and works great, except my USB ports are all not working except 2.0 even though I left the SSDT-UIAC in the patched folder

Essentially the new DSDT file broke my USB port mapping and I don't know why.

PS: Still trying to figure out how to utilise ACPI 6.1

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.zip

It seems neither of these things is fixing my USb issue.  Could the DSDT file I made be causing a problem with the USB?  

THe issue with the USB not working was immediately after I input the new DSDT into my ACPI/Patched file