Can somebody actually _explain_ the 10.14.1 USB changes?

Lord Kamina

3 posts in this topic

I'm a bit of a veteran to hackintoshes but I haven't really kept up much lately since my own hackintosh is still running 10.12.6 and one I built for an acquaintance, I hadn't touched since 10.13.2 was the latest OS.

For that one, I got pretty much everything working in the best possible way at the moment, including a proper SSDT for USB injection and a customized port-limit patch (18 ports IIRC)

I've just been asked to upgrade that computer to Mojave and I see the new patch everywhere but as tends to be the case with hackintosh, people tend to just repeat the patch like it was a magical incantation amidst a chorus of "Worked for me!", "Zero results!" and others.

I've never liked "monkey see, monkey do."

So... is there anybody who can actually explain what changed that needs a new patch and, how could I make an equivalent of what I already have instead of patching it to have 9999999 usb ports or some idiocy like that?

6 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Bottom line and question is: do you need it in Mojave? If all your USB ports work, answer is no...

I haven't upgraded yet so I don't know. But if I needed it in older versions of HS, I don't see why would I not need the equivalent on Mojave.