Jump to content

Impossible work OS high Sierra Help Please :(


LuisImpreza
 Share

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good afternoon community,

First of all, I want to apologize for my low level of English, because I use another language and I am learning to one day be able to speak without having to use a translator.

I want in advance to thank all of you for the help, you are a great forum and very good people I have known for a long time, I hope you can help me with my big problem.

My computer is an Asus G74SX laptop, I have "Capitan" installed without any problems, audio drivers, nvidia drivers, everything works, except the plate audio and USB 3.0, but it does not matter, because my real problem comes with the High Sierra system .

10 days ago install High Sierra and it is impossible to operate properly nvidia graphics card, I have installed the drivers for high sierra, but when I indicate in the flag "nvda_drv = 1" when you reach the login screen, the screen flashes and does things very rare and I can not do anything, I have to turn off manually with the power off button, I'm desperate with the graphics card 

I do not have an SSDT file because I have not found any on the internet, I have only found one and it is for chameleon, not for clover.

I've tried NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and there's no way it works either.

If you could also help me with my USB 3.0 problems and the internal audio card drivers, I would be very grateful.

I attach the log of my team and the config.plist so you can see a little of what I use to boot.

Thank you so so so much!!!
 

Attachments

Report Asus G74SX LuisImpreza.zip

config.plist LuisImpreza.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want some assistance, you'll have to post your system's specs (CPU, chipset, graphics, audio codec, LAN, wireless, etc.); we're not going to guess those...

 

Looking at the SysProfiler you posted, you appear to have a GTX 560M and that's a Fermi GF116 card. Not all Fermi cards are supported beyond El Capitan. If it's not natively supported, try with the WebDriver that fits your High Sierra version + option nvda_driver=1.

 

Failing that, either stick to El Capitan with your nVidia dGPU working or disable it through ACPI patching and run only on your iGPU, provided it's a supported model too.

 

Edited by Hervé
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

If you want some assistance, you'll have to post your system's specs (CPU, chipset, graphics, audio codec, LAN, wireless, etc.); we're not going to guess those...

 

Looking at the SysProfiler you posted, you appear to have a GTX 560M and that's a Fermi GF116 card. Not all Fermi cards are unsupported beyond El Capitan. if it's not natively supported, try with the WebDriver that fits your High Sierra version + option nvda_driver=1.

 

Failing that, either stick to El Capitan with your nVidia dGPU working or disable it through ACPI patching and run only on your iGPU, provided it's a supported model too.

 

 

Thanks for your Help Hervé,  in Capitán work all, nvidia driver perfectly, problem only in high Sierra. 

 

More information for my laptop:

 

  • Processor
    Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro / El Capitán / High Sierra
  • Chipset
    Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
  • Memory
    16 GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 8 x 2 SO-DIMM socket
  • Display
    17.3" 16:9 Full HD 3D(1920x1080 120Hz) LED Backlight
  • Graphic
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
  • Storage
    2.5" SATA
    750GB /7200rpm 
    2.5" SATA
    500GB SSD Samsung Evo 860
  • Optical Drive
  • Blu-ray Writer
  • Card Reader
    3 -in-1 card reader ( SDXC/ MS/ MMC)
  • Camera
    HD Web Camera
  • Networking
    Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
    Built-in Bluetooth™ V3.0
    10/100/1000 Base T
  • Interface
    1 x Microphone-in jack
    1 x Headphone-out jack 
    1 x USB 3.0 port(s) 
    3 x USB 2.0 port(s)
    1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert 
    1 x HDMI
  • Audio
    Built-in Speakers And Microphone
    EAX Advanced HD 5.0
    THX TruStudio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Baio77 said:

Overwrite these files in your Clover, in Bios disable VGA Nvidia MacOS does not support Optimus, Nvidia will never go to Intel for your HACK
I entered Fake ID to let you install the OS

Clover.zip

Schermata 2019-01-29 alle 10.00.43.png

 

Thank you very much Baio77,  I will test your file this afternoon, you think my configuration in the file plist is correct? I feel that something I have not configured well, I am very novice and therefore I do not have a file SSDT and I have a configuration 100% perfect. Thank you very much with all my heart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no confidence with English, use google translator .....
Test my configurations and leave the test result written, if you arrive at the Desktop post ioregistryexplorer
Edited by Baio77
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:surprised: :blink: :whistle:Why on earth would you fake a non-existing Intel iGPU when the OP's system is a Sandy Bridge laptop based on quad-core i7-2630QM, itself fitted with HD3000 iGPU???  That's natively supported up to High Sierra...

 

@Luislmpreza, remove that fake id for Intel GPU and simply disable nVidia in your Clover config. The HD3000 iGPU should be natively working without anything else as long as you inject Lilu + WEG kexts. Use MBP8,1 or MBP8,3 SMBIOS. In Graphics section, enable DualLink since you have a HiRes screen.

 

See here:

 

Edited by Hervé
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Overwrite these files in your Clover, in Bios disable VGA Nvidia MacOS does not support Optimus, Nvidia will never go to Intel for your HACK
I entered Fake ID to let you install the OS

Clover.zip

Schermata 2019-01-29 alle 10.00.43.png

Baio77 check your configuration, now panic screen. 

 

Bad Lucky :(

 

 

20190129_174008.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Hervé said:

@LuisImpreza, Baio77's file carries incorrect settings (ACPI patches, CPU PM) for your system. Try this Clover config file instead:

config.plist.zip

 

NB: no need to quote every message you reply to. Thx.

All time reboot :(

 

Now UP video for you see the first problem. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Post your zipped EFI folder. Don't keep us in the dark... What you used for El Capitan should be re-usable with minimum changes to Sierra/High Sierra.

 

Clean kext ACPI batery manager UP Baio77, and now not reboot, but New error, UP image. 

20190129_195630.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

Post your zipped EFI folder. Don't keep us in the dark... What you used for El Capitan should be re-usable with minimum changes to Sierra/High Sierra.

 

My efi folder Hervé :)

 

https://mega.nz/#!ncQFmaLb!7BG-5l_JNiPGyaY2L6vfhj4bs0bOemT4JJ_kdRp0-g4

 

and the error graphic then use flag nvda_drv=1

 

https://mega.nz/#!aIAVmKbC!Z9rO4ktk8AN2hfvgdukp2xtN7jSUjLEi8G-OlG_eZUU

 

https://mega.nz/#!qMZFDazD!xLONGafGFKdvv7p80iCdNWwTXFDKUUZARCIDb45fyrc

 

I need to use nvidia injector, because my bios is not a custom bios, it does not have options like my other computer, which is a very good motherboard, but in this case, this laptop does not have a good bios.

This laptop does not have Intel dual link, it only has Nvidia 560M.

What I do not understand, because it works perfect in the Captain and in high sierra everything are problems :(

 

THANKS!!!!!

Edited by LuisImpreza
Fix links
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't even understand why you'd need an nVidia injector in this day and age, that's something of the past...

 

Anyway, as I said before, Fermi GPUs are badly/poorly supported to not supported in Sierra and High Sierra so, if you cannot revert to Intel iGPU -which is somehow surprising-, you're probably screwed and El Capitan will be your limit.

 

Sorry. Not what you wanted to hear but that's the harsh reality of Hacktintosh life...

Edited by Hervé
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hervé said:

As I said, Fermi GPUs are badly/poorly supported to not supported in Sierra and High Sierra so, if you cannot revert to Intel iGPU, you're probably screwed and El Capitan will be your limit. Sorry.

 

I've seen in some post that someone else had successfully installed high Sierra and with the drivers, there is no other option? I'm sure it's compatible, you see something weird in my Efi folder or plist file? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, contact those people then. But to me, it's a dead-end.

 

Your EFI folder cannot be opened, it appears you password encrypted it.

 

Good luck in your High Sierra endeavour!

Edited by Hervé
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hervé said:

As I said, Fermi GPUs are badly/poorly supported to not supported in Sierra and High Sierra so, if you cannot revert to Intel iGPU, you're probably screwed and El Capitan will be your limit. Sorry.

 

I've seen in some post that someone else had successfully installed high Sierra and with the drivers, there is no other option? I'm sure it's compatible, you see something weird in my Efi folder or plist file? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Well, contact those people then. But to me, it's a dead-end.

 

Your EFI folder cannot be opened, it appears you password encrypted it.

 

Good luck in your High Sierra endeavour!

Check now problem mega. 

 

In five minutes solved. 

 

What bad news :(

 

I need my laptop to Logic Pro X projects created with high Sierra on my other computer to work elsewhere... What a hard blow for me... My problem is that, if it were not that problem, would continue alone with the captain, but now I run out of options in this great laptop that I have never failed me:( If someone else can think of something, please help me to continue working with high Sierra from this team.

Thank you very much Hervé. 

Edited by LuisImpreza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gave you revised Clover config file, but it seems you've ignored it and still use an inappropriate Clover setup.

 

You try to use nVidia Web Driver on a GPU that does not require it. Fermi cards do not require WebDriver, macOS has native drivers for those. As I said several times, Fermi cards are badly, poorly or plainly not supported under Sierra/High Sierra. And, afaik, the nVidia WebDriver will not make any difference. 'been there, worn the t-shirt...

 

Try Sierra, you never know. Or an early High Sierra version, lower than 10.13.3.

 

Edited by Hervé
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

I gave you revised Clover config file, bit it seems you've ignored it and still use an inappropriate Clover setup.

 

You try to use nVidia Web Driver on a GPU that does not require it. Fermi cards do not require WebDriver, macOS has native drivers for those. As I said several times, Fermi cards are badly, poorly or plainly not supported under Sierra/High Sierra. And, afaik, the nVidia WebDriver will not make any difference. 'been there, worn the t-shirt...

 

Try Sierra, you never know. Or an early High Sierra version, lower than 10.13.3.

 

You know a place where I can download version 10, 13.3? Thank you very much indeed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Hervé said:

I gave you revised Clover config file, but it seems you've ignored it and still use an inappropriate Clover setup.

 

You try to use nVidia Web Driver on a GPU that does not require it. Fermi cards do not require WebDriver, macOS has native drivers for those. As I said several times, Fermi cards are badly, poorly or plainly not supported under Sierra/High Sierra. And, afaik, the nVidia WebDriver will not make any difference. 'been there, worn the t-shirt...

 

Try Sierra, you never know. Or an early High Sierra version, lower than 10.13.3.

 

 

So I wonder where to download this version 10.13.3 because I am very novice :(

 

Thank you very very much Hervé! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...