Windows boot option disappeared from Clover

HitOrMiss

6 posts in this topic

Here's my setup;

SDD #1 OSX Mojave

SSD #2 Win 10

SSD #3 - random files, APFS formatted

SSD #4 - random files, NTFS formatted

I figured I won't need SSD 3 in Mojave anymore, so while in Mojave I formatted it to FAT32 and restarted the comp. Clover screen now shows only Mac boot, Windows option disappeared. I logged into Mojave, Clover configurator, mounted the OSX partition to mount the partition, and in EFI folder there's APPLE, BOOT and CLOVER. I think Microsoft is missing - my question is why and how do I restore the option to boot into Windows, I really don't want to format or reinstall anything - please tell me it's possible to fix this :D

7 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

you probably removed your Microsoft folder from EFI. if you still have one drop it on your main boot EFI partition

Do you mean I should access Win SSD while in Mojave, and copy content from C: Windows / Boot / EFI folder?

1 hour ago, bronxteck said:

no you would need to use the one that was on the EFI of the drive you moved /removed. add it to your EFI that boots clover.

I can't upload mine as there is a 10mb upload limit here.

But I formatted that drive thinking it had nothing on it, it was just a files drive, I don't have a backup. Or am I not understanding you right? Why is Windows putting EFI info on a APFS drive, how is it even possible?

it would be in the EFI partition of one of your drives. i am guessing it was on the last drive you removed and started having the issue.

Primary  EFI Volumes are usually fat32 not APFS.

the secondary partition most probably was APFS.

well you can check here how to recreate it since you did not back it up

just make sure to back up your EFI folders before you do any of what they describe.

Edited by bronxteck