benrothwell

4 posts in this topic

Have succesfully installed 10.4.8 (almost) on my P5LD2-VM

Have working QE/QE2

Dont have:

Audio

USB

Wireless (with Edimax G Wireless PCI)

I cannot find the Azalia Kext so have decided to buy the Griffin iMic in the hope that I should be able to get the USB sorted eventually.

But I really do need Wireless internet in my apartment block, and so Im looking to buy another Wireless card, what would be the best for compatibility to buy.

Have succesfully installed 10.4.8 (almost) on my P5LD2-VM

Have working QE/QE2

Dont have:

Audio

USB

Wireless (with Edimax G Wireless PCI)

I cannot find the Azalia Kext so have decided to buy the Griffin iMic in the hope that I should be able to get the USB sorted eventually.

But I really do need Wireless internet in my apartment block, and so Im looking to buy another Wireless card, what would be the best for compatibility to buy.

Weird you have no USB, do not select the USB fix when installing, mine worked " out of the box." Or if you did not select it try it :blink:

Is your hacky detecting ANY pci cards at all, I got the SE version of your board and can't get it to even see any cards. Maybe usb wireless?

send me a PM with your emial and I'll send you the two kexts to make sound work... However you can download them from this forum.

Get a usb wifi with ralink 2500 chip to be sure that it will work. Tried alot of "compatible" pci cards and they didn't work.

You should have working USB and sound is easy to fix. I used to own a P5LD-VM DH and now I own a cheap P5LD2 and both has USB/sound and network working.

Well, USB is working, I used the Apple fix of the website (because I originally selected the USB fix.

Thanks to Kenny of IRC I now have working sound, for which I am extremely grateful.

Just wireless before I get a fully functional system, Im so over the moon, I tried Vista the other week and was impressed, thats until it got horribly slow as Windows inevitably does... OS X is in a different league!