Xeon E5-2696 v3 unlocked low performance

Mityaz

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have unlocked Xeon E5-2696 v3 that perfectly works on 3.5Ghz on all core under load - Cinebench test shows 2900 on Win10. Under Os X 10.13.6 it gives me only 2.9Ghz on all cores and 2600 score. CPU microcode uploading during POST - x39 version, mac version of microcode is x3D. Could it be that, mac microcide is overriding x39 and limiting CPU max turbo boost frequency? Is there any way to remove it from mac?

2 hours ago, Mityaz said:

Hi.

I have unlocked Xeon E5-2696 v3 that perfectly works on 3.5Ghz on all core under load - Cinebench test shows 2900 on Win10. Under Os X 10.13.6 it gives me only 2.9Ghz on all cores and 2600 score. CPU microcode uploading during POST - x39 version, mac version of microcode is x3D. Could it be that, mac microcide is overriding x39 and limiting CPU max turbo boost frequency? Is there any way to remove it from mac?

If you are calling unlocked "overclocked" you need to use Piker's ssdtgen script with a different option to match what you are overclocking to.

12 hours ago, Pavo said:

If you are calling unlocked "overclocked" you need to use Piker's ssdtgen script with a different option to match what you are overclocking to.

No, it means unlock of Turbo Boost on all cores.