Clover Lost after Ubuntu Install APFS

eanda-sbs

2 posts in this topic

Hi All-

Had a great working install of Mojave on an APFS SSD drive.  Created three new partitions and installed Ubuntu Studio and specifically installed grub to the \Boot sda4 and wham.... lost Clover boot.  Right now all I get is Booting into the Ubuntu Grub Boot loader.  I cannot get booted into OSX unless I boot from a USB with clover.

Can anyone give me some direction of where to look?.  It used to be I just re-installed clover when this happened and all was good.  Not now.  Stuck in Grub boot rut.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

This is very simple question. You just followed wrong instructions. I have to explain the theory.

With default installation you have Clover as /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI. This name is known for UEFI BIOS and used for default boot.

But Grub is also want to use the same name so now you have /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI == GRUB

We known this problem since 2012 and we envisaged this situation to be resolved our way:

1. Clover will be in file /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI

2. You have to teach your UEFI BIOS to know this entry. May be BIOS smart enough to provide an own possibility to do this?

3. Else copy /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI to  /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI and you will kill GRUB. You can save it in other place.

4. Boot into Clover GUI and find second icon in bottom line of entries. This icon usually marked as ⌘ and text "clover bla-bla.." press it and follow the instructions on the screen.

5. Or call Shell and set boot entry manually with bootcfg command.

6. Read our instructions and not enemy's instructions.

• Like 1