need help with intel HD 620

wikedone

17 posts in this topic

I need help with my graphics, if I boot with -lilucpu=8 I have no issues with graphics but about this Mac shows 1175858261_ScreenShot2018-12-16at5_55_03PM.png.c5db8f6820b4e68c3bcd17594be108dd.png

if I dont boot with -lilucpu=8 the graphics is all messed up and can't read text, I'm trying to follow the frame buffer  thread but im confused what I need to do 

20 hours ago, wikedone said:

I need help with my graphics, if I boot with -lilucpu=8 I have no issues with graphics but about this Mac shows 

if I dont boot with -lilucpu=8 the graphics is all messed up and can't read text, I'm trying to follow the frame buffer  thread but im confused what I need to do 

Please provide more details regarding your config.  Are you using WhateverGreen?  Do you have a FHD or UHD display?

I use -lilubetaall because I am always testing new betas as they come out.  You shouldn't need -lilucpu=8 for your kabylake processor. The About This Mac you have above shows that you are not getting QE/CI.  It should show 1536MB, not 5MB.  If you look in system information, it will show you that your graphics kexts are not loaded.  Therefore, you need to focus on your other settings.  Are you using 0x59160000 as your ig-platform-id?  Are you using 0x59168086 as your device fake ID?  Try those settings in your config.plist.

I am using whatevergreen kext

So my display is FHD as System Information shows

my ig-platform-id is set to 0x59160000 and the Devices fake id is set to 0x59168086

inject intel is checked

when I boot up this is what it looks like IMG_2285.thumb.jpg.a6409bf425cb00f8e8cf6946633c3d21.jpg

But when I put the laptop to sleep and out of sleep the graphics is fixed  and system information shows 426420037_ScreenShot2018-12-17at7_54_15PM.png.5012ff64bc8b4b14e8f306a7c0b2c050.png

Edited by wikedone
added whatever green

Well, it sounds like you are getting closer.  After you added WhateverGreen, do you still get the incorrect colors before putting the laptop to sleep and waking it up?  Does it need to be full system sleep or just video sleep?  If it's just video sleep, you can set a hot corner to sleep and put it to sleep and wake it up when you boot, at least until you find a better solution.

1 minute ago, mnfesq said:

Well, it sounds like you are getting closer.  After you added WhateverGreen, do you still get the incorrect colors before putting the laptop to sleep and waking it up?  Does it need to be full system sleep or just video sleep?  If it's just video sleep, you can set a hot corner to sleep and put it to sleep and wake it up when you boot, at least until you find a better solution.

whatevergreen has always been added, yeah the incorrect colors is always before I put the laptop to sleep and its a full system sleep when I wake it up the graphics is fixed

18 hours ago, wikedone said:

whatevergreen has always been added, yeah the incorrect colors is always before I put the laptop to sleep and its a full system sleep when I wake it up the graphics is fixed

Try just video sleep and see if that fixes your colors.  You can go to system preferences, mission control, hot corners, and select put video to sleep.  Then, when you put your. cursor in that "hot" corner, it will put video to sleep.  When you move the cursor, it will wake from video sleep.  I am trying to figure out if, for some reason, your video kexts are not loading properly.  There may be a kext patch that will fix this that you can apply in Clover but we need to isolate the problem first.

Also, be sure that in your Accessibility settings, you don't have "invert colors" selected.

One last thing:  It looks like you are using MBPro14,1 SMBIOS.  Try using MBPro14,3.

Edited by mnfesq

ok so I did the hot corner and when the laptop boots color is still messed up then I move the cursor to the corner an it shuts of the display and when it comes back up its fixed like it is when I put the laptop to sleep, also checked for inverted colors and its not checked also changed it to MBPro 14,3 and its still the same  

39 minutes ago, wikedone said:

ok so I did the hot corner and when the laptop boots color is still messed up then I move the cursor to the corner an it shuts of the display and when it comes back up its fixed like it is when I put the laptop to sleep, also checked for inverted colors and its not checked also changed it to MBPro 14,3 and its still the same  

OK, so that's easy enough to live with but, in order to fix it, I will need to see all of your settings.  I'm guessing that you have some setting that is incompatible with your system and is causing this.  It could be a kext, it could be in your config.plist or it could be in your DSDT/SSDT.  Therefore, you should use RunMe to create a folder to post here so I can see what you have running.

RunMe.zip

21 hours ago, wikedone said:

here is the run me files couldn't upload it from the site since it was over the 10MB limit 

https://ufile.io/8s56h

So there were lots of things I would have done differently but nothing really jumped out at me as the cause of your problem.  I would use the latest version of Lilu and I would use AptioMemoryFix when installing Clover rather than OsxAptioFixDrv.  One of those to things MIGHT fix your problem but I'm not all that hopeful.  I know you have custom files in L/E that did not show up in the RunMe folder but I didn't see anything that says it would impact your graphics.  Was this a clean install or an upgrade from High Sierra?

Is everything else running just as you would like?  Do you have adjustable screen brightness?  Do you have the slider bar in display settings?  It looks like you are using Clover to change all of your GFX0 entries to IGPU and it looks like Clover did this in both your DSDT and SSDT-1, which contains the main graphics settings/code.  So the problem is not obvious but I suspect the solution will be easy once we figure out where your problem is located.

this was a upgrade from High Sierra but I did make a usb installer and it even boots that with the messed up colors 

Ok so I switch osxaptiofix for aptiomemoryfix, the brightness isn't adjustable  no slider in the display setting either, I also removed the GFX to IGPU in clover and its still the same, Maybe its DSDT or ssdt-1?

The only custom kext in L/E is 360controller.kext which doesnt work atm so I deleted that and BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext which I believe I need

Edited by wikedone
forgot the custom kext in L/E

17 hours ago, wikedone said:

this was a upgrade from High Sierra but I did make a usb installer and it even boots that with the messed up colors 

Ok so I switch osxaptiofix for aptiomemoryfix, the brightness isn't adjustable  no slider in the display setting either, I also removed the GFX to IGPU in clover and its still the same, Maybe its DSDT or ssdt-1?

The only custom kext in L/E is 360controller.kext which doesnt work atm so I deleted that and BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext which I believe I need

Well, maybe if we "clean house" we will stumble on a solution or the problem might just disappear.  So I propose that you put all of your custom kexts in Clover/kexts/10.14.  Get them out of L/E and Clover/kexts/other (at least until 10.15 comes out).  Stop using FakePCIID and the wifi kext that you are using with it.  Switch over to the Lilu kext for wifi.  Stop using FakeSMC and switch over to VirtualSMC and use all of the kexts that come with it for battery management and sensors.  Only use 2 kexts for BT - PatchRAM2 and FirmwareData.  Use the config.plist I have attached and put the attached DSDT and SSDT-1 in Clover/ACPI/patched.  Let me know how it works.

Archive.zip

Edited by mnfesq

Ok so I did what you said to do, the graphics is still messed up, all custom kext are in 10.14 folder and not in the L/E or S/L/E had to keep some custom kext as my keyboard wouldn't work, sound isn't work working on that now with Lilu 

3 hours ago, wikedone said:

Ok so I did what you said to do, the graphics is still messed up, all custom kext are in 10.14 folder and not in the L/E or S/L/E had to keep some custom kext as my keyboard wouldn't work, sound isn't work working on that now with Lilu 

I'm assuming you still have AppleALC in Clover/kexts/10.14.  If so, you can check the boxes for AFGlowPowerState and ResetHDA in Devices in your config.plist.  I'm also assuming that your graphics still are normal once you wake your laptop from video sleep.  I added a PNLF device so you should have have a slider bar for brightness.  Can you adjust brightness now?  I'm pretty puzzled about what could be causing your graphics to be so distorted on boot up.  While I doubt it is the cause of your problem, it wouldn't hurt for you to update your version of Clover.

Edited by mnfesq

Sound - Working, Internal MIC is still an issue but its not a major thing right now

Graphics -  Still boots to mess up graphics but is fixed on video sleep or full system sleep,

Brightness works with the slider in the display setting and also with the fn and the brightness keys

On 12/21/2018 at 10:54 AM, wikedone said:

Sound - Working, Internal MIC is still an issue but its not a major thing right now

Graphics -  Still boots to mess up graphics but is fixed on video sleep or full system sleep,

Brightness works with the slider in the display setting and also with the fn and the brightness keys

Have you tried other ig-platform-ids?  While mine works fine with 0x59160000, your's might be 0x591B0000.  There are others as well.  Check out this post:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/?do=findComment&comment=2626282