Unable to install 10.14.1 update

Monkey303

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is my first Hackintosh and it is very close to being how I want it, but I am unable to install the 10.14.1 update.  It starts to install, gets to the black and white Apple screen and after a few seconds it just reboots.  I had real trouble getting Mojave onto this PC, it would fail at 2 minutes remaining, but eventually, it worked by experimenting with different Aptio drivers and SMBIOS and also using different info from about 5 different guides.  I have tried all the different combinations that I can think of, but I can't get this update to install.  Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction, please?  Hardware is in my sig, please let me know what info you need and I'll post it up asap.

11 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Sounds pretty normal. What you've described looks like the update kick-off; this is followed by one (or more) reboots of the then created "install macOS from..." temporary partition until this term partition disappears to leave only the original (and updated) Mojave partition.

Thanks.  It reboots and then loads back into Mojave and tells me there's an update available and it does it all over again.  It doesn't install anything.  

Also, on the clover boot screen, I have:

1. Boot macOS install from install macOS Mojave
2. Boot FileVault prebooter from Preboot
3. Boot macOS install prebooter from preboot 
4. Boot macOS install from Hackintosh 970 Pro
5. Boot macOS from Hackintosh 970 Pro
6. Boot recovery from recovery

I think number 4 and 5 start to do some kind of install and they hang at 28 minutes remaining. Could they from previous install attempts, or are they to do with the failed update?  When it restarts, it just defaults to the second option on the clover boot screen, Boot FileVault rebooter from Preboot.

38 minutes ago, Hervé said:

It's partition #4 that you need to reboot until it disappears. Your update of Mojave on partition #5 will then be completed.

If that does not work, try and reboot #2 and, once back in Mojave, re-initiate the 10.14.1 update and then reboot #4 as stated above.

Thank you, Hervé, your second suggestion did the trick! Much appreciated! :D