Slight Problem With 10.4.8... Please Help!

PatS

3 posts in this topic

Hey, I got the JaS 10.4.8 Intel Only ISO file and burned it to install natively on my desktop computer (HP m7260n)

First I'll share specs, then my problem:

3.0Ghz Pentium D

1 GB RAM

300 GB SATA HD (Unplugged during install... my vista drive)

80 GB SATA HD (Split into two 40's, one for OSx86 and one to use as a FAT32)

VIA Chipset

ATI X300 PCIe

So... I installed everything just fine... formatted and partitioned the drive... did custom install... I installed the SSE3 patch and there was some sort of a patch for VIA chipped boards....

I installed X11 and all the rest of OSX

It installed in like 15 minutes, and said to restart...

At this, it shows the little circle of |'s that spins around or whatever... And sits there.... I don't know if it's doing anything or if it's frozen, but after let it sit for a little while, I just hit reset... this is where the problem starts...

Nothing happens...... Nothing...

My BIOS do there thing, and after that, the screen clears and a blinking _ appears (Which I think is just my computer looking for something to boot)

It just sits there... forever.....

Any ideas? I want this to work REALLY BAD...

I don't care about dual booting or anything, just to let you guys know... that's why my windows drive is unplugged...

Anyways, I'm as stuck as can be, and could really use the help...

Thanks in advance...

Well even though no-one posted anything here, for the people that read it, I figure I would post an update if anyone cared...

I downloaded the re-seed of 10.4.8, and burned...

I am installing right now, and must say, so far it's looking promising... I noticed it installed a few more things I didn't notice before when I installed with my old disc (including the added in patches and such). Also the installer is running much faster... The actual installation is taking a little longer, but the installer itself runs faster...

Hopefully this works... another update when it's done and I test it out...

Ok, so after three installs I got it up and running...

The first install was bad because I checked a video driver that I didn't actually need, so it messed stuff up, and once the grey apple loading screen went away, the monitor would turn off.... SO I reinstalled...

Second time 'round I installed the USB patch... which my computer didn't need, so it mucked up my install instead of fixing anything....

Install three... worked... great... Install went quick, OSX is really quick on my computer!

My Intel 100/Pro VE connection didn't work 'out of the box' so I re-did the kext's I read about in a thread somewhere, and now that works...

I haven't got around to fixing the Realtek HD Audio yet (any pointers on doing this, or thread suggestions would be great) because all last night I was working on video problems... and that's where I'm stuck...

Now i've searched the forums but haven't found a for sure answer I don't think...

I have a ATI x300 PCIe card, and I read about the Callito or w/e they are called drivers and tried setting up d008 and then d006 because d008 didn't work, so I don't know where to go because neither of those seemed to work... Perhaps I did it wrong? If anyone can point me in the right direction for this, I would be extremely grateful...

Hopefully I get some responce this time....

-PatS