Hackintosh on XMG P722 Pro Laptop

blindmankind

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I own a XMG P722 Pro Laptop which is similar to Clevo p370em. The graphic card is a SLI GTX 680M and the built-in display is a 3d laptop screen.

My problem is that my laptop screen stays black when I boot without nv_disable=1 flag and with this flag, I have in System Info Nvidia Chip Model 7MB.

When I connect an external monitor using DVI Port, this display works great but the laptop screen is still black. With HDMI port, the external screen is black too.

I would like to have full acceleration QE/CI on my built-in display but what is the problem exactly ? I don't know.

Sorry for my English I speak French

Hello,

Yes I put Lilu and WhatEverGreen kexts in /Library/Extensions, I used Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild kext cache, but no change.

I verified that these two kexts are correctly loaded with the kextstat command by booting with nv_disable=1 flag.

Hello!

You could try it in this way: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323010-please-help-me-fix-brightness-control-nvidia-graphics-only-laptop/

Try at first only buiding the injector.kext with the script and install it to L/E. This tool is nice to install kexts. Give it a try by using it's advanced options: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/397-easykext-pro-a-minimal-and-super-fast-kext-installer/

Also injecting with clover the id of the Nvda GT 650 m of MBP 9.1/10.1 as fake-id could help a bit. (Sorry don't know the mentioned ID)

Have fun.

Hello,

Yes I have ever tried with and without EDID but still the same problem. I think the problem isn't related to EDID because with nv_disable=1, the bdmesg command shows me the EDID is the same as Windows. In fact, to precise the problem, without the nv_disable=1 flag, I have two issues:

- With default macOS Nvidia driver, I have a black screen (the monitor seems to be turned off) after verbose boot.

- With Nvidia web driver, I'm stuck at the end of verbose boot.

I would like to try patching DSDT as explained in the link you sent to me but I don't find the area of my graphic card in the DSDT file.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

I did some researches about EDID and I have seen in boot.log that Clover finds the correct 256 bytes EDID but in ioreg command there is no IODisplayEDID entry. So I have read this tutorial to override EDID in Displays/Overrides folder, I have modified the ProductID-717 file with the EDID from Clover boot log, and after reboot still the same problem, no IODisplayEDID entry in ioreg. I noticed too that there is no AppleBacklightDisplay entry in ioreg, but there is AppleDisplay entry.

Can you help me a little ?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...