Need help with backlight control

midub

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with getting backlight to work on my HP 8570w (as Macbook Pro 9.1 running Mojave 10.14.1).

So maybe you can help me with my setup.

I've tried many guides on this forum to get backlight control, but I did not succeed.

The problem is probably that I don't exactly understand how acpi works, but I hope someone helps me.

DSDT.aml - some stolen DSDT for 8570w - almost everything works fine except the backlight - We can find the PNLF device under IGPU

origin.zip - my original SSDTs

Thank you for any advices!

My setup:

HP Elitebook 8570W

i7-3720qm 2.6GHz, 20GB RAM, Quadro K1000M, 15.6" FullHD display

BCM943228 - Bluetooth(Wi-fi doesn't work)

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 21.30.40.png

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 21.32.56.png

DSDT.aml

origin.zip

Edited by midub
Add my setup

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

Broadcom BCM43228 bears no support at all under Mac OS X, OS X or macOS. You'll have to replace that card by a supported model or a USB adapter.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-mojave/

Are you running on the HD4000 iGPU or discrete nVidia K1000M?

I've got two mini-pcie slots, so I will try to use this card + a supported wifi card, because Itś more available (cheaper and shipping) for me.

I'm running the nvidia.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:12 AM, Hervé said:

If by "backlight" you meant brightness control, you probably won't get any bar to adjust it on your Display PrefPane. Very common (not to say general) with nVidia graphics. I get the same with the nVidia Quadro NVS 135M of my ancient D630 laptop.

Sorry, but Brightness Control is possible with Nvidia

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/?do=findComment&comment=2490638