Intel UHD 630 Graphics doing odd things

GJames

3 posts in this topic

1. If I move an item on the desktop then move the mouse over where it was it redraws it – see photo
  2. If I select all the icons on the desktop then click on the desktop everything is restored to normality -  temporally until I move another icon.

3. In Safari if I move the mouse over the tab bar it ‘draws’ a black pattern. It is not permanent so if a keep moving the mouse over the tab bar it redraws a different pattern. See other photo

4. Firefox gives little flashes of pattern when I move the mouse around

5. Chrome shuddered madly when opened then settles down. When I move the mouse though it starts to ‘shudder’ again.

6. I have not found other programs that have this effect even Word with a picture in the document performs OK

7. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how I may be able to overcome this problem. Please post if it would help if I provided further information about my set-up.

Thanks

About Hack(c).jpg

icon 0n desktop .jpg

safari tab bar.JPG

• 1 month later...

Firstly thanks Danual for your suggestion I had tried this previously without success.

Thanks Herve for your offer of help. It is quite likely that I hadn’t set up my Hack correctly hence the post.

As Christmas came my son decided to skip the software solution and got a Radeon RX 569 Gaming OC 4G graphics card for me. I installed it and without running the CD or changing clover settings or adding kext etc all the above problems went away including the additional problems of iphotos and photos not previously working.

I and perhaps others would have been intrigued as to whether Herve would have seen a software solution if I had posted the information he requested but I didn’t think it right that he spend more of his time to satisfy my curiosity.