Display sleep does not work.

ISalem

8 posts in this topic

The display sleep does not work correctly. Starting with Mac 10.12.4, the display sometimes does not wake up. The backlight works, there is no image, a black screen. Currently installed 10.14.1. All the same. If the display is sent to sleep, then sometimes it can wake up in a black screen with a working backlight. From the description, it is not difficult to guess that the display sometimes wakes up correctly and sometimes wakes up in a black screen. In the course of the experiments, I also saw that the display sometimes woke up and showed the boot screen (the Apple logo and progress bar), a second after that the desktop appeared. This behavior occurs only when the display wakes up on a black screen and then I close and open the laptop cover again, after which the boot screen sometimes appears for a second, but sometimes nothing appears, the system just hangs.
I hope I clearly described the symptoms of the problem.

The screenshot was taken after the experiment. I sent the display to sleep, then woke it up. He woke up in a black image with burning lights. Then I closed and opened the laptop bucket, pressed the space bar and waited a few seconds. After a few seconds, the boot screen with the Apple logo appeared and then the desktop appeared. Immediately made a screenshot.

Asus k501lb
Intel HD 5500
Core i-5 5200U ( Broadwell )
Display: au optronics B156HTN03.8

Снимок экрана 2018-11-18 в 22.38.46.png

Edited by SeePurple
errors

10 hours ago, SniperPiglet said:

This problem occur with 10.12.4(and later) that installed HD5500.

It is difficult to solve this problem. at least I could not find the solution.

You must go to 10.12.3. This version is last MacOS for working perfectly on your PC.

Thanks for the information. Now I have version 10.12.3 on the main disk. The supplemental disk contains version 10.14.1 installed for testing. When I was looking for a way to solve this problem, I noticed that with this ig-platform 16260006 (Air 7.2) and kext X86PlatformPlugin.kext from OS 10.11.6 and OS 10.12.3, the display wakes up well, but sometimes wakes up on a black screen. If I delete this kext, the display always wakes up in a black screen.

X86PlatformPlugin.kext.zip

Edited by SeePurple