small pixelated window after booting into login screen

rotalume

6 posts in this topic

Mainboard : Gigabyte X58A-UD3R(No UEFI, legacy boot only)

Graphic Card: Gigabyte Vega 56 GAMING OC 8G

I have an issue when I upgrade my Yosemite build to High Sierra at login screen as attached.

I had successfully installed Yosemite (Cameron) and El Capitan (Clover) in different disk with R9 270X.
Now I upgrade my R9 270X to Vega 56 and upgrade the Yosemite to High Sierra in order to have the driver support for VEGA series. 

I installed Clover from official website to override Cameron and rename Extra folder, solved the issue for ICH10R booting then installed High Sierra 10.13.6 which I downloaded long time ago. Everything works fine except the screen.

The screen looks good at BIOS and Clover but turn to the issue when booting into login screen. I can still use ssh or remote desktop to access the machine, check it determined my vega 56, play youtube or run benchmark with the scores that should already enabled hardware acceleration. But I don't know how to fix this screen issue.

I have checked a similar issue on tmac about CSMVideo but Iam not using UEFI so I cannot solve it that way. 

Tried to change smbios to iMacPro 18.1 or with vega5kfix or kext to patch from Pike turned to black screen and cannot be connected by Remote Desktop

Tried combinations of InjectATI and Radeon DeInit no luck

Any suggestion is welcome.

EFI.zip

IMG_1435.JPG

Thanks, finally I got someone replied this.

But I am afraid that might be caused by the driver or clover settings. Because I also made a usb bootdisk in order to keep the High Sierra for another installation. I tried to boot from the disk and had the same situation.

I also got another 1070 Ti card and it works fine with the this installation just different parameters in clover with the web driver installed. It will still be great to get the VEGA works because I prefer the color whatever in desktop or in gaming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are observations that Radeon card 7xxx and up (as your Vega) will not work in HighSierra on chipsets pre-SandyBridge. Pity.

You have to stay on 10.12.6 or change card to supported one.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2018 at 9:26 PM, Slice said:

There are observations that Radeon card 7xxx and up (as your Vega) will not work in HighSierra on chipsets pre-SandyBridge. Pity.

You have to stay on 10.12.6 or change card to supported one.

Thank you for your reply. I actually did try it on 10.12.6 with different SSD installations as there were some incompatibilities in Wine and some existing applications but still the same issue.