Can't get to installer ;/

stillsaad8

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to install Sierra on a pc with these specs;
Dell Optiplex 755
Core 2 Quad Q9400
GT 430
8 GB RAM
I created bootable USB using many methods like #####, olarila guide, vanilla installer using terminal, Install disk creator using boot args: -v,nv_disable=1 but all of them give me the same error ++++++++++ and then just restarts on booting usb installer :/
Any fix???

20181025_001444.jpg

20181025_001903.jpg

Edited by stillsaad8
added photos ;3

13 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Try this Clover config instead.

config.plist.zip

Tried this and still the same error :/

14 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Your Clover folder does not contain any patched DSDT. I would suggest that when you boot Clover and reach the main menu, you press F4 a few times and wait a few seconds so that Clover dumps your ACPI tables to the ACPI/origin folder. You may then zip it and post it so that we have a look at the tables.

Ok will try this

11 hours ago, Hervé said:

Try this Clover config instead.

config.plist.zip

Your Clover folder does not contain any patched DSDT. I would suggest that when you boot Clover and reach the main menu, you press F4 a few times and wait a few seconds so that Clover dumps your ACPI tables to the ACPI/origin folder. You may then zip it and post it so that we have a look at the tables.

Here is the patched clover. :3

CLOVER.rar

32 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Try and reset your BIOS to default settings and then set your HDD to AHCI mode (hopefully, it's supported). It's an old machine by today's standards and the DSDT is quite basic.

Try this revised Clover config.

config.plist.zip

How did you create your USB installer? You may want to consider Enoch if you keep getting no joy with Clover...

Thabks for your help. Resetting the bios and using your custom config.plist,nv_disable=1 did the job for me. Now what should I do post installlation provided it goes smoothly xD

1540459210109528340900.jpg

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Well, your Clover kexts folder only contains FakeSMC + Lilu so all your hardware accessories will need to be cared for: graphics, audio, LAN, wireless, card reader, USB ports, etc.

I got ethernet working and installed Nvidia web drivers but I can't boot with it it gives no signal and then restarts so I have to use nv_disable=1. Also which kext should I use for audio?

EDIT: Got sound working as well :D just need to fix graphics now. :) 

Edited by stillsaad8

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

For some reason, it appears you switched your Clover Config to that of a different machine. Why didn't you keep the config I gave you?

Since you'r using Lilu + WEG, untick "Inject nVidia" in Clover.

I installed clover on my HDD instead of USB so I didn't copy the config you gave me. I have unticked inject Nvidia but it still gives black screen :/ Will using the config you gave me will fix this problem?

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

For some reason, it appears you switched your Clover Config to that of a different machine. Why didn't you keep the config I gave you?

Since you'r using Lilu + WEG, untick "Inject nVidia" in Clover.

Interestingly I tried your config again and it does give me a black screen (no signal) however everything else seems to be working (audio, mouse, etc).