Jump to content
isleeptill12

HP Envy 750-177c Desktop Stuck at loading screen, can't get to installer

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, looking for some help on this install.
 
 
The problem I'm having is that I can't get to the mojave installer. The loading screen with the apple logo gets to about 3/4 and stops. In verbose, I get Unable to open /var/dv/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory and Could not set environment.
 
There should be a copy of my EFI folder attached to this post 
 
System specs are:
HP Envy 750-177c Desktop
IPM17 odense h110 motherboard
Skylake i7-6700
16GB DDR3 RAM
 
BIOS settings are limited but this is what they are set to:

Boot Order

     - UEFI Boot sources

        • USB Floppy/CD
        • USB Hard Drive
     - Legacy Boot Sources
        • ATAPI CD/DVD drive
        • USB Floppy/CD
        • Hard drive
           **my sandisk usb stick shows up here**
Device Security
      - System Audio (device available)
      - Network Controller (device available)
      - SATA0 (device available)
      - SATA1 (device available)
      - SATA2 (device available)
USB Security
      - Front, Rear, and internal ports are all enabled
Slot Security
      - PCIe 16x (enable)
      - PCIe 1x (enable)
      - M.2 card slot (enable)
Network boot (Disable)

System Security 

      - Virtualization technology (VTx/VTd) (Disable)

      - TPM
         • TPM device (Hidden)

Secure Boot Config

      - Legacy Support (enable)

      - Secure Boot (disable)

         • Key Management

            - Clear Secure Boot Keys (don't clear)
            - Key Ownership (HP Keys)
      - Fast boot (disable)
OS Power management 
      - Runtime power management (enable)
      - Idle Power Savings (extended)
Hardware Power Management
      - SATA Power Management (enable)
      - S4/S5 wake on LAN (disable)
Power-On Options
      - POST messages (disable)
      - After power loss (off)
      - POST delay (none)
Bus Options
      - PCI SERR# Generation (disable)
      - PCI VGA Palette Snooping (disable)
Device Options
      - Num lock state at power on (on)
      - Multi-processor (enable)
      - Hyper-threading (enable)
      - NIC PXE Option ROM download (enable)
 
A9mfvH7.jpg
p8X9wDY.jpg
nqLqzuQ.jpg
Alqocrn.jpg

EFI.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Finally got into the installer! I was about to buy another motherboard for this thing

The problem was DVMT and frame buffer patching. The BIOS for this motherboard didn't have an option to adjust DVMT so I had to look for another method. 

Long story short, I had to add two properties under devices in clover:
framebuffer-fbmem - 9MB for cursor
framebuffer-unifiedmem - 2048MB for VRAM

Added those two and I'm staring at the install screen.

Now whether it successfully installs or not....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 8:02 AM, isleeptill12 said:

Finally got into the installer! I was about to buy another motherboard for this thing

The problem was DVMT and frame buffer patching. The BIOS for this motherboard didn't have an option to adjust DVMT so I had to look for another method. 

Long story short, I had to add two properties under devices in clover:
framebuffer-fbmem - 9MB for cursor
framebuffer-unifiedmem - 2048MB for VRAM

Added those two and I'm staring at the install screen.

Now whether it successfully installs or not....

 

You still can install with LOCK DVMT,, You shouldn't change your motherboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

You still can install with LOCK DVMT,, You shouldn't change your motherboard

 

I actually figured it out and have working hackintosh now!

 

I had to use the voodooTSCSync kext because for some reason the CPU was going out of sync, causing all sorts or weird problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, isleeptill12 said:

 

I actually figured it out and have working hackintosh now!

 

I had to use the voodooTSCSync kext because for some reason the CPU was going out of sync, causing all sorts or weird problems. 

 

Yes,,, just edit VoodooTSCSync.kext info.plist. Total thread of cpu - 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×