Clover Resolution and wireless USB keyboard

uisik34

8 posts in this topic

Hello forum,

I have EX58-UD3R mainboard runing on Macos High Sierra 10.13.6 and need some minor fixes;

1. Clover Boot Loader does not show at start in proper resolution. I tried to manage on Config.plist but have no success

2. Clover Boot Loader does not let using USB wireless keyboard and mouse though I can use clover on Macos install usb stick or any linux install usb stick. (USB keyboard and mouse enabled on Bios) I can also use normal standard wired HP brand USB mouse and keyboard on Clover.

For Clover GUI you may set PatchVbios=YES. Check in boot-log what is happen with video modes and with EDID.

Anyway I have some doubts that 6870 will properly work in 10.13.6 on your motherboard. I'll recommend to stay with 10.12.6.

About wireless keyboard and mouse sorry no way.

1 hour ago, Slice said:

For Clover GUI you may set PatchVbios=YES. Check in boot-log what is happen with video modes and with EDID.

Anyway I have some doubts that 6870 will properly work in 10.13.6 on your motherboard. I'll recommend to stay with 10.12.6.

About wireless keyboard and mouse sorry no way.

I will try PatchVBios and EDID inject when i will have time for this. I may be out of city for 2-3 days.

Well This GPU runs very well and natively recognised OOB with right amount of ram and graphic card name on about this mac and system details. On the other hand I just have problem on Clover boot screen when i try to boot through installed harddisk.

If I try to boot from Install usb macos stick screen resolution is fine and i can use wireless keyboard during installation is fine. It seems this is Clover bug and unable to use usb wireless keyboard and mouse but usb wired keyboard and mouse!! I can use same wireless keyboard If I insert linux install usb or if i install windows 10 by an usb and all during proccess i am able to use wireless keyboard. Only when i install clover on harddrive to boot it without usb, at next boot on clover menu it does not control by wireless keyboard...

Another point; If my graphic card is connected through DVI-HDMI cable so clover boot screen show right resoultion etc.. If I connect it through HDMI cable so resolution is weird and can not be set up in proper resolution!!! I need to use HDMI cable to get sound passthrough in PCM mode otherwise i could go on using dvi cable...

Clover Screen

Clover Boot

Well maybe i can do a trick something like clover boot loader directly will load macos without clover selection screen. so i will no need usb keyboard to select and boot macos from menu. Because after os starts i am able to use wireless keyboard!

Second trick; I can try to install my another harddrive which has windows and i can install there a linux version to install GRUB loader so i can fine boot options triple boot like Harddisk 1 (GPT Macos) / Harddisk 2 (MBR Win and Linux) and GRUB enable us to use wirless keyboard to select operating system. From Bios It will be default Harddisk 2 to boot which has Win/Linux oses but GRUB loader can path to Macos as well.

Edited by uisik34

Hello again,

I noticed a weird situation about my Clover issue which is related to my Pioneer AV receiver. I noticed Clover screen resolution occur when PC connected TV through AVR  (I tried 2 different systems, different type of cables). If I connect PCs directly to TV, I have no resolution problem but only Auto start last booted volume problem still could not be solved.

I was so busy recent couple of days and could not had the chance to check all parameters from the begining and try your clover solution for the moment. I have only one main big problem that I should connect a wired USB keyboard to select boot option on Clover. If I can find a solution forcing to start Macos last booted volume then I can use directly wireless usb keyboard for log in and etc..

DVI-HDMI cable was elimanted in use though it gives right resolutioın but no audio option through it. I eliminated HDMI cable option through AVR which cuase Clover screen resolution problem. Now I connect pc to tv to have abilities of HDMI but lost PCM support , I get partially 5.1 DTS by using optic cable between TV and AVR.

P.S Second trick I told before did not work as an option after installing win/linux dual boot through GRUB2 which also doesnt enable wireless usb keyboard to use in the system. Now I will try GRUB2 to implement Macos path to start. At least I can select boot device from Bios or Grub2 optionally. Grub2 advantageous is it count down to system auto start but clover do not for me at the moment.

Macos installed on Toshiba 240GB SSD on GPT (One partition formatted as Htfs+) - HDA

Windows 10 / Linux on Seagate Sata disk (Windows on 240GB NTFS, Linux on 120GB Ext4 and Alternate Macos saved area on 120GB Htfs+)

Edited by uisik34

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2018 at 4:47 PM, uisik34 said:

Hello again,

I noticed a weird situation about my Clover issue which is related to my Pioneer AV receiver. I noticed Clover screen resolution occur when PC connected TV through AVR  (I tried 2 different systems, different type of cables). If I connect PCs directly to TV, I have no resolution problem but only Auto start last booted volume problem still could not be solved.

I was so busy recent couple of days and could not had the chance to check all parameters from the begining and try your clover solution for the moment. I have only one main big problem that I should connect a wired USB keyboard to select boot option on Clover. If I can find a solution forcing to start Macos last booted volume then I can use directly wireless usb keyboard for log in and etc..

DVI-HDMI cable was elimanted in use though it gives right resolutioın but no audio option through it. I eliminated HDMI cable option through AVR which cuase Clover screen resolution problem. Now I connect pc to tv to have abilities of HDMI but lost PCM support , I get partially 5.1 DTS by using optic cable between TV and AVR.

P.S Second trick I told before did not work as an option after installing win/linux dual boot through GRUB2 which also doesnt enable wireless usb keyboard to use in the system. Now I will try GRUB2 to implement Macos path to start. At least I can select boot device from Bios or Grub2 optionally. Grub2 advantageous is it count down to system auto start but clover do not for me at the moment.

Macos installed on Toshiba 240GB SSD on GPT (One partition formatted as Htfs+) - HDA

Windows 10 / Linux on Seagate Sata disk (Windows on 240GB NTFS, Linux on 120GB Ext4 and Alternate Macos saved area on 120GB Htfs+)

I have similar problems for the keyboard. 
I am not sure about that wired USB keyboard works(because I don't have one), but wireless mouse and keyboard don't work most of the time. 
Sometimes, I'm not sure under what circumstances it can work. 
In my experiments, to remove all other USB devices, then re-plug the wireless receiver. Most of the time, it can work again. 
Or plug wireless receiver on USB 3 port, which is extended by a PCI-E card. What bothers me is that BIOS cannot recognize the USB 3 expansion card. So when I want to change some BIOS settings, I have to change the port for the receiver.
Based on the above experiments, I think the main problem may be related to the support of Clover for the ICH10R chips.

My hardware specification:

ASUS Rampage II Gene (X58)

Intel Xeon E5645

Gigabyte GTX1060 3G