Black Screen on bootup with GTX970

Senichan

3 posts in this topic

Hello dear forum

I am Seni and have a problem with my Hackintosh.

I get a black screen when booting. The Hackintosh goes up anyway, only the screen goes off at boot about the loading bar 1/4 and gets no signal. Booting with disabled NvidiaWebdrivers (Clover-PressSpacebar-"Nvidia to VESA" or something, you know) is not a problem, then i came into the system without problems. Have read so many tuts and just can not get it under control. But you are certainly smarter than me, so let's go:

-at first, the hardware/software:

OSX: 10.12.6 (16G1510)
Web Driver Version: WebDriver-378.05.05.25f10
Motherboard: ga-h97-d3h Gigabyte
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3
Graphics card: MSI GTX 970 4G
-Info: It is a new installation on its own SSD. There are no other SSD / HDD disks in operation.

-Kexts:
-078013fccfbe68e64df0a30bb6893f01dad715af.png
The Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext are definitely the newest ones.

and the config.plist (complete):
config.plist

I have tried with nvda_drv=1 and without. The only difference is, with nvda_drv=1 the fan of the GTX970 shortly boost when the screen turns off/no signal.
SMBIOS is iMac14,2

I hope you can help me.

best regards

EDIT: SOLUTION:

Last night I finally solved the problem with success. For the GTX 970, it is important to connect the screen to DVI-I on the first boot after installing the NvidiaWeb drivers. HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI-D must be removed, at least I had success only then. After being on the desktop / desktop you can reconnect all other screens. Then you can also restart and leave everything. You only have to unplug after the first boot after the NvidiaWeb driver installation. Very banal, but you have to know first.

Edited by Senichan

Hi all, I have a similar problem if not the same problem with the nvidia gtx 960 4gb ram.

even if I can install the webdriver and restart osx high sierra with active webdriver the system reboots me and an error that does not allow me to enter the operating system.

How can I solve this problem according to you?

This is my configuration:

Scheda Madre: Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU: i5-3470
RAM: 8GB
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB RAM
HDD 500GB

Thanks for everything

Edited by daltanious78