High Sierra 10.13.6 under Pentium G3420. Lag problems, no hope?

ryugae

1 post in this topic

Hello to everyone, is nice to be here. After spending 2 weeks or so over the month I've finally managed to install my new Hackintosh HS 10.13.6.

My HW:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3420 3.20GHz

MOBO: H81M-VG4

RAM: HyperX 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

PSU: CX 750M 750W

GPU: GEFORCE GTX 750ti 2GB vRAM GDDR5

I know, I know, this is probably the worst hackintosh hardware you ever seen but at the moment I don't have a better computer. Everything work fine, I made a vanilla installation using clover and everything work fine.

The only problem is the lag part. Many people told me that my pentium will not have hardware video decoding so it will have to do software decoding which is slow on my chip. Then I should replace my hardware - motherboard and everything else.

I ask to you, guys: there is a workaround to this?

I already installed the last Nvidia Web Drivers (387.10.10.10.10.40.105).

On clover I apported a little edit to my InjectIntel FakeID typing as value 0x1902 (I'm using an Haswell GT1) and it worked, now my hackintosh is more smooth - window resize or similar animations are more fluid and I can finally watch youtube videos in 720-1080p. But lag remains. I can't see a 1080p video using quicktime because is too laggy and I also tried GeekBench some days ago and I received a result of 21 fps, lol.

Also right now when I'm typing there is a little, little lag. I should stop see videos and still use this hackintosh with this problem or there is a workaround to fix it?

I asked on every Hackintosh discord group but no chances... everyone told me the same thing but also to ask to someone else with a different point of view.

Thank you to everyone.

Some sources about my exactly problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/6hzky4/laggy_fullscreen_animation_on_youtube_videos/

Edited by ryugae