Help needed for High Sierra on a Dell Studio 1557.

NickRandom

5 posts in this topic

Dear friends,

a couple of days ago I could prevent a Dell Studio 1557 Laptop to be trashed by a friend as defect hardware. After installing a new SSD it works fine, I flashed the BIOS onto latest available version A09 and installed High Sierra in a HFS partition (first partition formatted as fat32 and installed Clover into MBR for booting from harddrive). Unfortunately I can start the HS only by adding the -x for safe mode, without I'm getting the black screen instead the apple after prior booting messages printed via -v.

Corresponding to the thread https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/218706-dell-studio-1557-discussion-thread/ I'm now asking for help in fixing the following problems:

Does anyone have an issue free DSDT.aml or even an already patched one for this kind of laptop?

Clover had been improved a lot in the last time since 2014 (last post in given thread) - can anyone help me setting up the info.plist including the right use of framebuffers with the ATI Radeon Mobility 4570? If possible, I'd like to keep all patches inside Clover for update compatibility of origin OSX.

Best regards and many thanks forward on your replay.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-16 um 16.21.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-14 um 23.37.01.png

config.plist

DSDT.aml