thomaspetersen

2 posts in this topic

Hi All

I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
- MSI B350 PC Mate
- Ryzen 5 - 2600

- Radeon Pro 580 GPU

- 4 x 8GB DDR4
(Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 

Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...

ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.

So can someone help...

I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)

But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...

20 minutes ago, Hervé said:

You should post in the dedicated High Sierra AMD section...

Now, which kernel are you using?

I suggest you read this and look here and here.

Ahh Yes sry.

ATM. i'm using the:
Ryzen_Kernel_10.13.1.zip - Ryzen_Kernel_10.13

But have downloaded the 10.13 All CPU_SSE4.1 kernel_bronya and AMD.10.13.3.Kernel.zip, will you recommend one of them or something else?