nvidia web driver woes

v7kF4U2HTd

1 post in this topic

recently i aquired a quadro 4000 (pc version). i picked that one because afaik it's the best one for 10.6.8 which i still wanna use. i have 4 osx installations in total: 10.6.8, 10.8.5, 10.9.5 and 10.12.6. for the first two i use chameleon, for 10.9 chameleon and clover and for 10.12 only clover. so here's what i did for each osx:

first i installed the latest supported web and cuda driver and added nvda_drv=1 to both bootloaders. for chameleon i disabled GraphicsEnabler and for clover i added "inject nvidia". i also added the WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts to all except 10.6. smbios is mac pro 5,1 for chameleon and imac 14 for clover.
10.12 worked as expected, the others however not at all.
10.6 and 10.8 cut the signal the moment the web driver loaded i.e. monitor goes into standby and doesn't come back.
10.9 seemed to ignore the driver completely and always started with the apple default. that happened with chameleon as well as clover.

right now, to get something at all, i have 10.6 working with natit and for 10.8 adding GraphicsEnabler again was enough. 10.8 does then recognize the card correctly but no luck with the web drivers as described.
with 10.9 i didn't get anything but the apple default 1024x768 without anything supported at all i.e. not usable.

i did of course try to recreate the kextcache and tried to boot with -f but no change. i also searched the forum here and around the net but didn't get anything useful. for most people it seems to just work.

needless to say that any help would be most welcome. after all using the web drivers and cuda was the reason why i got the quadro in the first place.

Edited by v7kF4U2HTd