10.4.8 Installation Issues

CraigularB

5 posts in this topic

I'm having some trouble installing 10.4.8.

I'm pretty sure it's the JaS 10.4.8 disc (I borrowed it from a friend who had already downloaded it), because I can see JaS 10.4.8 install packages with MacDrive when I put the disc in while running Windows.

Only problem is, when I boot from the DVD and hit "Enter" to get into setup, my computer goes black for a sec and then reboots. It doesn't even get to the blue screen with the loading icon. Just "Enter"->Black->BIOS messages and reboot.

I know my hardware supports it because I'm currently dual-booting a working 10.4.5 installation.

pronet_sig.gif

^^ My current specs

I'm not sure what to try....Maybe if I downloaded the disc from where one of you got a working one? I have DVD+RWs, so if it doesn't work I can just erase it and try a different one.

Thanks!

-Craig

pcmtest-

I can't be 100% positive; he didn't write the whole name out on the disc he gave me...

After looking through the optional packages again, however, I can't find anything that has AMD in it. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is an Intel-only disc.

So, I guess that's that.

Though, I have a question about the combo update.

I'm trying to get the 10.4.8 Combo for AMDs w/ SSE3 that JaS made, and I was wondering if I need to burn it to a disc, or can I just run it from inside OSX straight from the HDD?

Thanks much for the fast reply!

-Craig