refind passes Load Options to Clover?

Henk1

1 post in this topic

The rEFInd boot manager shows boot options (for Linux Mint) that Clover does not. I have installed Linux Mint to a separate drive without GRUB boot loader install, by using in the terminal 'ubiquity -b'. (That was because in previous installation attempts the standard Linux Mint / Ubuntu install wiped Clover completely on the first drive.) The result was an empty EFI partition on the Linux drive. Clover does not find the Linux installation.

But rEFInd does find it and show as boot option 'Boot boot\vmlinuz-4.15.0-20-generic' . When selected Linux Mint is succesfully booted.

To my great surprise the following also is the case: When the rEFInd boot option to boot Clover is selected, rEFInd shows briefly 'using load options' and then Clover starts and shows the Linux Penguin! When I check the NVRAM the mapping table shows FS5 / BLK9 with the boot options for Linux. These are temporary, in the next boot without rEFInd they are not there. The option that Clover shows after pressing the space bar is 'options: root=/dev/disk/by-partuuid/ UUID# initrd=\b'

I searched the Internet but could not locate more information about these 'load options' and the cooperation of rEFInd and Clover. That is why this topic is created.

Is there a way to add these 'load options' to Clover without pre-booting rEFInd?