Conexant SmartAudio HD

javachip

21 posts in this topic

Hi! I am currently using an ASUS X455L Laptop and I tried using AppleHDA since it does have a Conexant driver to install with but it does have plenty of models and I got hesitant because I might make the wrong kext. I need help on figuring it out on what version of the said manufacturer should I used and if there any other steps, please provide them. I also included a screenshot of my audio from my Windows 10 before I migrated to MacOS. Thanks in advance.

P_20180727_220528.jpg

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Hi and welcome to InsanelyMac. 

Look: Checking your hardware before installing OS X

Thank you. I will make sure to utilize this for further learning.

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

14F1:510F would be one of the Conexant SmartAMC HD CX2075x sound cards.

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

A very newb query: I am currently checking on 5 different CX2075X. For the last digit part, am I downloading any of those 5 selections? Also, I am currently using MacOS 10.13.16 since there's tab column for MinKernel.

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 9.01.43 AM.png

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

I downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions from the README.txt (which was: https://travis-ci.org/acidanthera/AppleALC) for the AppleALC kext but it doesn't allow me to download from the link. I also downloaded Lilu kext from AppleALC's wiki (from Github) since it was stated under the Installation and usage. For the AppleALC kext, am I doing something wrong for it?

45 minutes ago, Hervé said:

I cannot tell which specific model your Conexant sound card is. I can only suggest you try the layout settings for all those models listed, one by one, i.e. 3, 13, or 28.

The AppleALC kext is available off the releases repo as clearly indicated on the 1st link Posted.

AppleALC_releases.png.d59de4f7ba0ee1bc7a2315a282f2d6b2.png

There are no known issues downloading any of the available versions listed at:

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

Download the latest release by clicking on the "x.x.xRELEASE.zip" link...

AppleALC.png.0354531c838a76418016cefb7531273f.png

Okay, I had downloaded the said files had it on the /S/L/E/ folder. Also I have the files for the CX20753/4. What should I do next? Sorry, I am kind of a newbie on this procedure.

I tried following the instructions on the wiki but I still don't get any sound. I also checked the sudo kextstat using terminal but I don't see the AppleALC. I copied and paste my Lilu and AppleALC (both up-to-date version) on my Clover/kexts but it still no go. I also tried using 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10 for the layout, restarted my system. Am I doing something wrong?

I had move them in /L/E as per your advised and ran kextcache thru Terminal and had restarted my device but it still doesn't show any devices. I checked my kextstat and I saw AppleHDAController while checking for AppleALC which was there too.

The one that I downloaded from the link? It only has VoodooHDA.kext. What I did was:

1. Removed the AppleALC.kext using terminal from /L/E.

2. Repaired the permissions and rebuild the cache.

3. Restarted the system.

4. Downloaded from VoodooHDA.kext from the link (https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/)

5. Extracted the downloaded file, it created a folder that contains 1 file which was VoodooHDA.kext.

6. Installed the VoodooHDA.kext using terminal to /L/E.

7. Restarted the system.

And the results, as I had stated, still no audio but the HDMI-output showed on the output devices on Sound and additional info shows in DPCIManager. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by javachip
Clarifying

I tried checking the DPCIManager to check for more details then, I clicked on Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache. I proceeded and restarting the system and the sound works. However after I restarted the system, it went back thru only HDMI-output.

I didn't have the VoodooHDA PrefPane after I had installed the VoodooHDA.kext which kind of weird because before, when I attempted to installed VoodooHDA for Sierra (from last year's and different laptop), it did have that app which where I can control the volume. However today, it didn't have the said app.

Just to make sure about the plist that you had stated, you are referring to the Info.plist that was inside the content of VoodooHDA.kext, am I right? Also, if I am going to change or increase the volume and changing the default startup plugin, what are the details so that I can manage them using Plist Editor Pro.

I already set true for the following below from false to true using sudo nano thru terminal:

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key> <true/>

Volume is now back to its optimized volume quality. Now my only issue was to set the speakers as default when I am switch on or rebooting the system.