Epiphany!!! What might really cause the lack of Trust with processors after Ivy Bridge

1 post in this topic

After using my hack as my main computer for over 6 years I have come  across one of the last pitfalls for a current Hack vs real Mac; the lack of trust. having reviewed the CPU Ark options on Real Macs vs the CPU options on my Hack, real Mac's use a 4770S while I have a 4770K.  On the Surface they look the same until you get into included instructions and if they can be overclocked.  As evidenced in the attached Picture, the only Logical difference between the 4770S and 4770K is the lack of trusted computing. I have looked and several other chips that Apple selected for their systems and the common thread is that they all have access to the Trusted Computing support.

The question I have, After having DSMOS circumvented, has Apple quietly enabled TC on some core programs but not all of them?

Example:

* Itunes can not read encrypted web content when used on Hacks after Ivy Bridge

* Moviesnow and other Secure movie streaming sites do not work with Safari

with these examples it leaves me wondering if in addition to Decrypting content (DSMOS) if it also had/as a subroutine that using the TC section of the CPU to validate and continue to decrypt or fail and stop secure media.

Just my 2 cents, I don't have a way to check it because I do not have any modern chips that support TC.

Untitled.thumb.png.62a47b5f89985d9790e5044e0bb27cfc.png