IGPU and Thunderbolt dont work simultaniously (Asus Prime Z370-A, i7-8700, ThunderboltEX3, Radeon Vega Frontier ac)

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I built my first Hackintosh a week ago.

Everything looked nice except that Thunderbolt wasn't working, by fiddling around I made it work. Then I discovered that I cant export to apple products in FinalCut, so I found out that I need the IGPU for that.

I tried a lot of little moves I found on the internet but in every configuration with Thunderbolt and IGPU turned on, i see Clover, choose Macos and see the Apple sign for a second or two, and then the Stopsign.

My system

Asus Prime Z370-A

Asus ThunderboltEX3

i7-8700k

Radeon Vega Frontier ac

64GB Ram

I attached my EFI-Folder.

I am stuck right now and hoping that someone could help me or give me a hint.

Thanks, Thomas

EFI.zip

Edited by Zonkeytom
Systemspecs missing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having a similar issue and maybe we can help each other.

Can you confirm you're able to boot reliably with Thunderbolt and an external GPU connected?

Here's my post from tonymacx86 with what I have tried until now to fix the issue.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asrock-thunderbolt-3-aic-only-working-after-restart-from-bios.256046/#post-1777518

I'm currenly trying to build my own AptioFixDrv, I'll let you know if if works, in the meantime maybe some pros can help us?

Maybe the easiest way is to use Davinci Resolve instead, I never had any problems with it and there is a free version which is supergood.

My mobo is a ga z270x gaming 5 though so there might be a differens between them. 

Edited by Nubira