NVIDIA WebDrivers not working after update to Sierra 10.12.6(16G29)

Mondstaub

10 posts in this topic

Hallo everybody :))

I recently got a near new Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB for free and decided to use it to install Sierra on it. I have a Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Audio Interface which i currently run via USB on El Capitan 10.11.6. Now i want to use the Interface's TB connection. To be able to use it i learned that i need to install a extra TB card, in my case a ASUS TB EX3. 

So i updated my Hack from El Capitan 10.11.6 to Sierra 10.12.6(16G29) using the App Store and clover v2.4kr4542.

Now i have on the new 2nd SSD Sierra 10.12.6(16G29) running, but the NVIDIA WebDrivers do not work, as well as the HooToo USB 3 Hub only recognizes the optical mouse and keyboard, no USB Stick is recognized. Sound via my AA Discrete 8 works fine.

I installed the recommended WebDrivers for the build after the install finished.

In addition i used Terminal to enter sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 command put a nvramFile.kext to L/E and nvram.dylib to Extra/modules.

With configurator i changed the SMBIOS to a 14,2 iMac and System Parameters to Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb.

As i was using this "new" version of clover i was not sure if i have checked the right boot options on the clover boot screen. With only the option nvda_drv=1 checked i couln't boot into Sierra, only with nv_disable=1 i could boot into Sierra again with only OSX DefaultGraphics driver running.

I'm still able to boot into my running El Capitan 10.11.6, where all runs fine.

So i hope that someone of you might be able to help me, point me in the right direction.

Sys Specs: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Skylake i7 6700K, EVAGA GTX Geforce950SC, 3xSamsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, 1 for OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 1 for OS X 10.12.6(16G29) and 1 for Data etc.

ACER T23HL Touchscreen Monitor(running with TouchBase UPDD Drivers with occasional hickups), Antelope Audio Discrete 8 via USB.

7 minutes ago, Hangten said:

Try using Clover Configurator (mount EFI) open the config.plist and go to section SystemParameters, check NvidiaWeb

Hi Hangten,

I did that already and also checked the .plist file if it was applied and it was.

2 minutes ago, Hangten said:

Well at first it took me a few try's to get it to load, the other thing that was changed is in Graphics checked Inject EDID

Ok, i will see if i missed that one. I report back, just having lunch now :))

31 minutes ago, Hangten said:

Well at first it took me a few try's to get it to load, the other thing that was changed is in Graphics checked Inject EDID

I added Inject EDID via Colver configurator. I did now reeboot 3 times, each time choosing different boot args on the clover boot screen and boot macOSwith selected options.

Once with nvda_rdv=1, once with nvda_rdv=1 and nv_disable=1 and once without any options selected. All three times i could boot, yet NVIDIA WebDriver Manager displays OS X Default Graphics Driver as used in the menu bar.

Guest ricoc90

Don't use nvram.dylib and nvramfile.kext since you are using Clover. These are for Enoch.
Also, sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 is not needed. The installer package does this by itself in it's post-installation script.

Can you post your EFI folder? Hide the serial in your config and omit the theme folder

11 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Don't use nvram.dylib and nvramfile.kext since you are using Clover. These are for Enoch.
Also, sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 is not needed. The installer package does this by itself in it's post-installation script.

Can you post your EFI folder? Hide the serial in your config and omit the theme folder

Hi Rico,

I removed the nvran.dylib and the nvramFile.kext from it's locations on the Sierra OS SSD. I used Plist editor to change the serial in .plist to xxxxx, removed the themes folder from the EFI Folder, but i can't upload the EFI Folder. First it was too big, so i removed the firmware.scap file to have 12Mb less. Now it says that there was a problem uploading the file & contact admin. I made a .zip of the EFI folder.

Guest ricoc90

Yeah, the site is having difficulties with uploads. Use a third party upload site, i.e. Google Drive or Dropbox

On 6/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, ricoc90 said:

Yeah, the site is having difficulties with uploads. Use a third party upload site, i.e. Google Drive or Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oi8ic8o1q6tpou/EFI.zip?dl=0

Ok i hope that works :)

Edited by Mondstaub