i5 8400 4.0 - Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3 Succes!

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the English, I write from Argentina but I wanted to share this experience in case it helps someone

I was able to install successfully macOS High Sierra (10.13.4) on my new PC recently builded:

- Intel i5 8400 Coffe Lake 4.0

- Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3

- 8 GB RAM DDR4 2400 Crucial

- HDD 1 TB Wester Digital Caviar Blue (I know, it's not the best option but the budget was short for a SSD)

- Wifi TP-Link Archer T9E 1900 (works out of the box, no kets needed)

Basically, I took this link into account to follow the instructions: https://hackintosher.com/builds/400-budget-coffee-lake-hackintosh-build-guide-gigabyte-z370-hd3/

Considering that the processor is i5, I did not follow the final indication about i3 processors

IMPORTANT: for a correct operation of the UHD 630 graphics (without glitches or artefacts), set SMBIOS in iMac 18,1 

I updated Clover to the latest version and everything working ok

After that, I updated High Sierra (App Store) with the 10.13.4 security update and everything is ok!

you just have to apply this USB patch in Clover:

Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator

Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/

Right-click open config.plist with Clover Configurator

Click Kernel and Kext Patches under SECTIONS of Clover Configurator

Click the “+” button near the bottom to add this patch:

Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000

Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090

Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart

MatchOS: 10.13.x

Save config.plist

See this: https://hackintosher.com/guides/hackintosh-high-sierra-10-13-4-update-guide/

regards!

• Like 1

Hi! thanks for the reply

I attach te config.plist so, just if you can... tell me if the configs are ok

The config have the patches in DSDT and others... i believe it's ok, because untill now, everything seems to work without problems

I have the kets in Clover/kets/other:

AppleALC.kext

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext (maybe it's not necessary)

CodecCommander.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext (maybe it's not necessary)

Shiki.kext

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

config.plist

6 minutes ago, kultrun said:

Hi! thanks for the reply

I attach te config.plist so, just if you can... tell me if the configs are ok

The config have the patches in DSDT and others... i believe it's ok, because untill now, everything seems to work without problems

I have the kets in Clover/kets/other:

AppleALC.kext

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext (maybe it's not necessary)

CodecCommander.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext (maybe it's not necessary)

Shiki.kext

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

config.plist

post a full dump

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

Now I have a problem that I did not have before: there is no audio after sleep

it's strange, I did not have that problem befor...

If you can help me, many thanks!

edit: in fact, the audio is lost when the screen is turned off ... but if I put the computer to sleep, when I come back from sleep the audio works ok

So, specifically the audio is lost when the screen is turned off after a while without using the computer (approximately 15 minutes, for example)

Edited by kultrun
more info about the issue

I mean... I do not know if you have found something wrong in the configuration that I currently have of the clover or the presents ketxs , etc.

Do you recommend replacing the current clover configuration that I have for which you attached?

I attach some screenshots

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.27.27.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.27.37.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.27.46.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.27.56.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.28.04.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.28.11.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.28.47.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-02 a la(s) 18.28.55.png

thank you very much! I really do not understand how the DSDT.aml are configured but I trust in your vast experience about these things ... I mean, you recommend replacing the entire Clover directory of my hack with the clover you sent, right? I have seen that some configurations in the config.plist are quite different, but I imagine all those settings are in the dsdt patch? Thank you very much, I'll try it as soon as I can set it up

2 minutes ago, kultrun said:

thank you very much! I really do not understand how the DSDT.aml are configured but I trust in your vast experience about these things ... I mean, you recommend replacing the entire Clover directory of my hack with the clover you sent, right? I have seen that some configurations in the config.plist are quite different, but I imagine all those settings are in the dsdt patch? Thank you very much, I'll try it as soon as I can set it up

Yes, all essentials, cosmetics and other patched in DSDT and minimal config in config.plist

use other HDD/SSD for ur tests, take a shot

it's fun xD

how fast in response! Thank you very much again ... the dsdt.aml file includes all the essentials for the mobo GA-Z370 HD3 ... right? especially considering that in that Hackintosh I also have a TP-Link Archer T9E wifi network card (that works OOB) ... and I use the onboard graphics, Intel UHD 630. If I include in the future an SSD, is it necessary to add some additional configuration? Another query: once you check that everything is working correctly, there are no problems with updating the system via AppStpre or combo update, right?

thanks a lot for all your help!!

Thanks @MaLd0n for all the help given so far ... I still could not do the tests with the configuration that you sent me, but I will try to do it in a short time when I finally buy an SSD. In this sense, I would like to ask you ...

What do you recommend me? It will be an SSD only for Mac Os and Apps

- Kingston A400 240GB (cheaper)

- Samsung EVO 860 250GB

- Crucial MX500 250GB

and... would be necessary then some additional configuration in clover or the dsdt.aml?

thanks a lot, again!

last inquiry, so as not to bother you ...

what about the Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2?

I know it's much faster, but it's just "plug and play" out of box?

considering that I am thinking of a disk only for the system and applications, not for moving large files

Is it worth spending a little more on this NVMe model? I've heard they raise a lot of temperature, is that it?

thanks!

1 hour ago, kultrun said:

last inquiry, so as not to bother you ...

what about the Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2?

I know it's much faster, but it's just "plug and play" out of box?

considering that I am thinking of a disk only for the system and applications, not for moving large files

Is it worth spending a little more on this NVMe model? I've heard they raise a lot of temperature, is that it?

thanks!

i think 970 is like 960, have a full native support

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I plan to reinstall the Mac OS on a new disk, SSD (Evo 860) that I that I bought recently.

For this purpose, I downloaded the image from the oralila web, the High Sierra 10.13.6 (https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6393), that have the lastest update in the OS

In that case, can I use the full clover Folder that you have provided me in this post? or are some adjustments needed in the DSDT, the config.plist, the kexts, etc? considering the latest update

please, if you can help me, thanks a lot!

just in case:

mobo: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

i5 8400 4.0

video UHD 630