Hackintosh won't sleep fully (10.12.6)?

UnDeaDAmP

29 posts in this topic

So here is my hardware list:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H Motherboard

- GTX 950 OC Edition (2GB) GPU

- Core i3 - 4360 CPU

- Thermaltake 550W Bronze 80+ PSU

- 120GB Kingston V300 SSD (the drive to which macOS was installed to)

- 1TB Seagate Barracuda (HDD to which Windows 10 was installed to for dual booting) 

- 500GB HDD (for backups and extra stuff)

So my issue is that my PC won't sleep all the way. The monitor will show no input signal anymore, but my keyboard LEDs, mouse LEDS, fans, and the pc will continue to run as normal. It wakes fine from sleep when pressing the keyboard and the mouse. I've disabled wake-on-lan in the OS and in my bios settings. I've been told this is because it requires my PC to have perfect functioning USB in macOS? However, I tried the InjectUSBAll.kext alongside the clover 10.12.x patch for it as well and no different result. I've also tried playing around with the Clover darkwake modes and most of them I've tried have had no different result as well.

Everything else (to my knowledge) works flawlessly in the OS, but this one issue is preventing me from using it as my daily driver. Is there anything I can do? Video linked below as to what I mean.

https://youtu.be/XSVuPB7oJKQ

50 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

check if work, use power button for wake

CLOVER.zip

This clover config plist caused "system uptime in nanoseconds". 

I also tried booting with -x and no difference. I have a Clover USB so I can boot back into my install with that to change things if needed. 

IMG_5388.jpg

15 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

use ur old clover folder with my dsdt, take a shot, u use a last clover version?

I placed the dsdt.aml from your clover folder in in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched into the same clover folder i had previously, and it still does the same thing. Are there any specific things I should change in my clover config plist that you had or anything else? I did put the dsdt in the right place, right?

58 minutes ago, UnDeaDAmP said:

I placed the dsdt.aml from your clover folder in in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched into the same clover folder i had previously, and it still does the same thing. Are there any specific things I should change in my clover config plist that you had or anything else? I did put the dsdt in the right place, right?

extract untouched DSDT with F4 key in clover boot screen, files generated in clover/acpi/origin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaLd0n said:

same problem in boot?

It boots fine, maybe a placebo effect, but I think it boots faster. I'm using my original Clover folder with that DSDT.aml you gave me. I think I might have accidentally had the DSDT.aml still in the "patched" folder in my ACPI folder. Would that effect it? I can remove it and resubmit it.

38 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

REMOVE ALL PATCHES ACPI IN CONFIG.PLIST

MaLd0n 2018-05-16 às 17.22.48.png

MaLd0n 2018-05-16 às 17.23.05.png

Okay, so this is going to be a little weird to explain and I can take a video of it if it will be helpful. But here's what happened.

- Put the PC to sleep using the top left apple menu

- the monitor shows no HDMI like normal.

- 20 seconds until peripherals LEDs go off.

- PC tower and fans remain on.

- press the peripherals after a bit to try to wake up the PC.

- After 25 seconds, NOW the PC goes entirely to sleep (tower off and peripherals)

- TRYING TO WAKE UP PC VIA KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DO NOT WORK at this point

- press the power button once to try to wake it up and the PC springs back to life.

- After about 28 seconds, it wakes back up and everything works like normal.

I want to try to get it to the point where I can just press sleep in the top left apple menu, or let the pc sleep on its own, and it will all sleep at once, then I can come back and just wake it all up.

edit: i stand corrected.

- after about a minute or so, it sleeps on its own.

- after about 30 seconds when i press the power button, it works again!

I think this is a success, but is there anyway to improve the times? If not, I don't mind!

Edited by UnDeaDAmP

29 minutes ago, UnDeaDAmP said:

Okay, so this is going to be a little weird to explain and I can take a video of it if it will be helpful. But here's what happened.

- Put the PC to sleep using the top left apple menu

- the monitor shows no HDMI like normal.

- 20 seconds until peripherals LEDs go off.

- PC tower and fans remain on.

- press the peripherals after a bit to try to wake up the PC.

- After 25 seconds, NOW the PC goes entirely to sleep (tower off and peripherals)

- TRYING TO WAKE UP PC VIA KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DO NOT WORK at this point

- press the power button once to try to wake it up and the PC springs back to life.

- After about 28 seconds, it wakes back up and everything works like normal.

I want to try to get it to the point where I can just press sleep in the top left apple menu, or let the pc sleep on its own, and it will all sleep at once, then I can come back and just wake it all up.

edit: i stand corrected.

- after about a minute or so, it sleeps on its own.

- after about 30 seconds when i press the power button, it works again!

I think this is a success, but is there anyway to improve the times? If not, I don't mind!

work, but 30 sec is much, lol

run app again, lets check config.plist and logs

the sleep time is ok, but wake time...no

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

work, but 30 sec is much, lol

run app again, lets check config.plist and logs

the sleep time is ok, but wake time...no

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!cMpBwA5K!6qD85jA7xWryam441zz-GAHlJgO5gMwCD5UJzlIS2Fo

Alright, so I realized I have another issue after a bit more testing. After I wake from sleep, my ethernet seems to stop working or something. It says its connected and working but, it doesn't work. I can use wifi, but I'd prefer to use ethernet. I'm actually not too sure what ethernet kext to use since now I forgot what ethernet jack/chipset this specifically is. Perhaps thats what it is?

15 minutes ago, UnDeaDAmP said:

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!cMpBwA5K!6qD85jA7xWryam441zz-GAHlJgO5gMwCD5UJzlIS2Fo

Alright, so I realized I have another issue after a bit more testing. After I wake from sleep, my ethernet seems to stop working or something. It says its connected and working but, it doesn't work. I can use wifi, but I'd prefer to use ethernet. I'm actually not too sure what ethernet kext to use since now I forgot what ethernet jack/chipset this specifically is. Perhaps thats what it is?

CLOVER.zip

try with full clover folder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

take a tests and let me know

I will, im currently testing everything to make sure everything works. I have a question though. Do DSDTs work across updates and OSes? For example, if there were a security update or a 10.12.7 release, would I be able to use the same DSDT.aml? OR if i was going to 10.14 when that came out or something, would I be able to use the same DSDT.aml?