Device Renaming

Shaneee

9 posts in this topic

@MaLd0n Was wondering if you could help me out with this. I'd like to clear up the naming in my DSDT in an attempt to at the least get my HDMI audio working as the GPU is named VGA and isn't on PEG0 or what it should be. Typical AMD board :w00t:

I've attached the origin folder dumped by Clover and my IOReg output. If you could help out that would be awesome. 

Shaneee’s Mac Pro.zip

• Like 1

hey!

the best for rename devices and avoid boot error caused by SSDTs dependencies, is a patches in config.plist and Clover rename devices in all tables

i see in ur table, ur usb is XHC0, a good example is a XHC0 to XHC

Last login: Mon Apr 16 15:39:47 on console
iMac-Pro-MaLd0n:~ mald0n$ echo -n XHC0|xxd
00000000: 5848 4330                                XHC0
iMac-Pro-MaLd0n:~ mald0n$ echo -n XHC_|xxd
00000000: 5848 435f                                XHC_
iMac-Pro-MaLd0n:~ mald0n$ 

4 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Ahh ok. Any ideas about the GPU though? I think the naming is the reason for no HDMI audio.

inject info about ur audio onboard in VoodooHda and check if ur HDMI work oob, now voodoohda stay load in HDEF and HDAU 

MaLd0n 2018-04-17 às 10.03.59.png

MaLd0n 2018-04-17 às 10.04.04.png

23 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

inject info about ur audio onboard in VoodooHda and check if ur HDMI work oob, now voodoohda stay load in HDEF and HDAU 

MaLd0n 2018-04-17 às 10.03.59.png

MaLd0n 2018-04-17 às 10.04.04.png

Tried that and VoodooHDA didn't load :(

So I tried that version and substituted the ID's you had for mine and still didn't load. So I used the original version of 2.9.0d10 and it loaded as before. Onboard stuttering and no HDMI.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow how freaking bogus you guys have a legit chat and help each other but ignore this guy who had a decent question...I mean no disrespect especially to you shaneee because honestly your amd OS X site and your guides are the only reason my hackintosh work and that’s after I had a working i7 quad core that I’m certain I ran the mobile to {censored} as it was too old anyway I am a little disappointed in the lack of help here idk maybe I’m being critical and I apologize I can’t seem to find anything g relating to my board but aren’t we all huh? Anyway if you’re reading this Shawnee thanks for your help and work you have no idea how long I tried got no clear direction in YouTube and frankly {censored} tonys x86 most of those guys seemed to be complete and utter {censored}s well the ones who responded anyway I never posted but would see the snarky remarks the ranking nerds would talk to the new commer nerds (I’m a fellow nerd as well I by no means mean that as an insult) and so that was a waste in their sight I like how you colab with others and have the vinilla guides I will say... getting to them can be so annoying and hard to find idk why maybe it’s the browse? Prob cause I’m stoned most the time hahha