30 posts in this topic

• 11 months later...

What is the difference between

Refresh wrapper

Rebuild wrapper

Update wrapper

?

I see no explanation in the interface

I want to note that this Unofficial Wineskin is preferred against official one.

Refresh wrapper, launches wineboot sometimes it helps, that usually happens automatically after changing engines.

Rebuild wrapper, will remove and remake the wineprefix that’s included within the wrapper.

Update wrapper, this option updates the current wrappers files with the master wrappers files. All contents with /Frameworks are replaced with the current Master wrappers version, also replaces Wineskin.app and the WineskinLauncher files. wswine.bundle is preserved along with the contents of /Resources

Winery was updated due to a bug with version handling, any engine that contained a “-“ was affected and would need to be downloaded again.

This was fixed by Vitor for PortingKit and the same fix used for Winery.

PortingKit now defaults to use “Unofficial Wineskin Wrapper” for macOS Mojave users.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Tetonne said:

hope this will be dev in 64bit for new os :)

Unofficial Wineskin is already 64Bit, with two exceptions;

- WSGamma (doh123 never provides source code)

- Wine*

Our biggest issue is CodeWeavers need to release a working solution to run 32Bit code on 64Bit only OS.

Wine64 already functions on macOS Catalina, a user already reports making a clean wrapper and wine64 functioning, I’ve already done everything I can currently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @gcenx83,

Do you have any idea how to make one wrapper for three application?

One wrapper has a size of 1gb while applications are small about 10Mb so there is no reason to create three wrappers.

Is it possibble to create links or small applications that will share same wrapper for these three different applications? And can be started separately.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 8:18 AM, Slice said:

Hi @gcenx83,

Do you have any idea how to make one wrapper for three application?

One wrapper has a size of 1gb while applications are small about 10Mb so there is no reason to create three wrappers.

Is it possibble to create links or small applications that will share same wrapper for these three different applications? And can be started separately.

@Slice I don’t really check here too much.

You could use CustomEXE launchers for each item installed into the wrapper that works.

It’s also possible to shrink the Frameworks contents down if using a Winehq release (those only need libpng15.15.dylib & libfreetype.6.dylib those are inside wstools.bundle anyway), the next wrapper release will support using an external Runtime in $HOME/Wineskin/lib

If your interested, I could upload my current Wineskinlauncher to my MEGA to go along with the uploaded Runtime version.

Hi,

I tried to make new wrapper but replacing Frameworks and drive_c by symbolic links to big wrapper.

Result is 5.6Mb and it works

Снимок экрана 2019-07-04 в 7.10.24.png

But there are some bugs I didn't understand. May be because of different system.reg for the same system.

And strange behavior for launch

Снимок экрана 2019-07-04 в 7.15.24.png

Too many exec***.bat files?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gcenx83 said:

@Slice I don’t really check here too much.

You could use CustomEXE launchers for each item installed into the wrapper that works.

It’s also possible to shrink the Frameworks contents down if using a Winehq release (those only need libpng15.15.dylib & libfreetype.6.dylib those are inside wstools.bundle anyway), the next wrapper release will support using an external Runtime in $HOME/Wineskin/lib

If your interested, I could upload my current Wineskinlauncher to my MEGA to go along with the uploaded Runtime version.

Oh, yes, see you! CustomEXE does the works!

Somehow I didn't see it before.

• 4 months later...

@gcenx83

I tested Wineskin 2.9.0.4. All is good but it asked about gecko. After successful download (and install?) it asked for gecko again. I have to press Cancel. Not a problem really.

Winetricks d3dcompiler_47 is not working asking for absent 7z.dll.

And I have a question how to use set maxfiles 10240. In what cases it can be used and what is the procedure?

Game Heroes 7 of Might & Magic v1.6 works almost fine. But version 1.8 hangs with log "too many open files". Is this trick can help me?

It looks like user space crash and need computer hard reset.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

@Slice sorry I don’t come here much it’s always better to open an issue on GitHub or contact me via Discord.

The issue you’re mentioned was resolved PaulTheTall contacted about the issue, seems 7z likes a fixed path so I’d removed it and let winetricks just use the windows version to extract 7z files.

ulimit -S -n 2048 # or whatever number you choose

You could properly add that to the “Custom CLI” field.

In other news I’ve also added something interesting WineCX19.0.1 that contains macOS Catalina support if SIP is disabled.

• Like 1

Heroes VII of Might&Magic v1.8 works well in the wrapper 2.9.0.4 with my WineSherry last release. The issue was an internet connection. I have to disable internet before running the game.

I have to mention that the game is 64bit and uses DirectX10.

About WineCX19.0.1 this is very interesting news. I hope someone will confirm the success. I have no Catalina yet.

Here’s the screenshot I’d provided on December 22nd when first testing wine32on64 on Catalina.
C34A21CD-7333-49E1-A39E-E8DD297588E7.thumb.jpeg.6c3e1182db637931c2a6db30fafb519d.jpeg

Paul had included a video showing some Ports working on Catalina for the announcement blog 

I wouldn’t upgrade to Catalina full time yet but if anyone is and can’t downgraded you Mojave it’s better then nothing.

Edited by gcenx83
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I also should note that the game works with graphical artefact if using engine CX20. So I applied again my Sherry4.2 which is old but works perfect!

@Gcenx Can you include it into your distribution? Can be downloaded here

10 hours ago, Slice said:

I also should note that the game works with graphical artefact if using engine CX20. So I applied again my Sherry4.2 which is old but works perfect!

This is CX20 engine

Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 15.57.42.png

And this is Sherry engine

Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 16.07.17.png

And Staging engine crashed on the game.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Try Running  What's in the Contents/Macos/??  From Terminal

If So

Make A command Script File Which Runs Same As

The First Line