[Solved] Stuck at "kextd stall[n], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'", Can not enter system.

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I did try to use search for help, but all not works for my case, I had tried 1)Drop the SSDT table, 2)Put only FakeSMC under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to boot up the system, 3)pull out the Clover usb after start the system(In this method, after kextd stall[3] came out, my laptop will reboot, not like the case below which my Clover USB still plug in), 4)Use the latest Clover version(Because I start to install 10.3.3 these days, so till now r4411 is the latest, should I use a older version for a try?)

My laptop used to run on Mac OSX 10.8, I do a clean installation of 10.13.3 by Clover USB disk, the Clover created by Bootdisk Utility under windows, I install 10.13.3 in single HDD with GPT format, that means only Mac OSX installed in my laptop.

Here is my hardware information:
Lenovo Y450A-PEI
P8700/GM45
GT240M, 1366x768
ALC269

I use A/C adapter to power my laptop, the battery not able to charge power any more and I take it out. When the screen show 'Unsupported CPU for reporter', I see the HDD light stop blinking, I press the CAPLCK no response, then after several mins AppleACPICPU logs came out, from [0] to [3] took about half of hour, then next few seconds the gray screen came out, I can see the pointer, but again I press the CAPLCK no response, neither the trackpad nor USB mouse, after 10 mins, screen go black just like power off, but the power light still on, HDD light not blinking since 'Unsupported CPU for reporter' log came out.

Appreciating any helps on it, or any other information I should provide please let me know, thanks in advance.

misc.zip

config.plist

DSDT.aml

Edited by kingoffright

22 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Have you tried hitting space bar before boot and select -v, nv_disable=1 

Thanks, but its not working, still stuck at 'kextd stall'

3-jpg.321510

21 hours ago, Hervé said:

Using latest Clover Configurator:

• in APCI tab: uncheck APSN/APLF/PluginType; you you only need Generate P-States and Generate C-States. Do not drop SSDT tables.
  • in CPU tab: uncheck C2/C4/C6
  • in SMBIOS: select any profile then MacBookPro7,1 again
  • in Graphics tab: check "Inject nVidia"

You can ignore the "Unsupported CPU for reporter'" message, it's not causing any harm. Your freezing issue most probably come from un-initialized graphics. The above Clover graphics settings should sort things out. If not, add "Inject EDID" in Graphics tab. nVidia DSDT injection looks fine (though there is a lot to it that's probably not required).

You'v not said anything about the add-on kexts you use. Would be a good idea to post them through a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder...

I tried to update the EFI but fail many times, maybe the 4.6m exceed size limitation? the error is "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200", so i provide another link for my clover.zip below:#####

I follow your instructions and its still not working, bad luck...

4-jpg.321512

• 1 year later...