Success... my Intel-Mac is running

Tschokko

2 posts in this topic

Hi...

well, i want to report my success too. First of all, i'm from germany and my english is cruel. ;)

My Mac OS X86 system runs with following parts:

- Asus P4P800 SE

- P4 3.0

- 1 GB DDR 400

- Gainward FX 5700 Ultra 128 MB

- 3COM 3C905 10/100 MBit network adapter

- temporary on a 40 GB Western Digital WD400 hardisk

I patched CoreGraphics an mach_kernel and installed the MacVidia Kext.

My Mac is running fast, sound works (iTunes!), access to my USB 2.0 harddisk and to my DVD-ROM is no problem. I have network and internet connection. I'm very satisfied.

I did not tried playing a dvd, but i tried tp play a DivX video. No success. <_< I don't know where i can get a valid DivX codec.

The next is, my mac will not access to my W2K server? But i see my W2K server in the finder.

I run some applications with great success.

- Transmit 3

- M$ Office 2004 and WMP 9

- Dreamweaver MX 2004

- Remote Destop Client to access my W2K server via RDP

- SnapNDrad (screenshots will follow, i'm currently on my Windows Desktop)

- ICQ 3.4 for Mac OS X

I wan't to try Photoshop CS and Quark Express 6.5, but i have no more disc space. :( I tried to expand my partition, but startup fails. I copied the existing partion with the buildin Disk Utilities.app to a second hard disc and marked active with fdisk. But my OS will not boot. :( What did i wrong?

Well... Mac OS X is cooooooool!!!! The only annoying thing currently is the maximum resolution of 1280x1024 with 60 Hz. I'm running 1600x1200 on my 21,3" TFT (Eizo L985 EX)... I hope MacVidia releases a Kext which supports my recommended resolution.

Greetz

Tschokko

Hi...

well, i want to report my success too. First of all, i'm from germany and my english is cruel. :(

I copied the existing partion with the buildin Disk Utilities.app to a second hard disc and marked active with fdisk. But my OS will not boot. <_< What did i wrong?

Good job, your English is fine. I would only suggest you use the release 1 patched DVD instead of the deadmoo image to install next time. It will let you install to the entire HD if you want to. You probably found out the hard way that diskutil for OSX86 is dangerous on a HD. It has disabled a many installations.

I read RSyncX 2.1 and Carbon Copy also works, but they may be dangerous as well.