Strange problem which Ive never encountered

FALLOFMAN

3 posts in this topic

So ive been running a dual boot system windows 10 and sierra for quite some time now, each operating system with their own hard drive.

Out of nowhere, yesterday, I restart my computer, and clover bootloader didnt boot, instead, windows 10 was booted automatically.

I look for the sierra drive in windows 10, which I used to be able to see, and its nowhere to be found.

I open UEFI and my sierra hard drive and the clover partition are still there in the proper order in bootloader.

I have a clover usb, I booted it up and clover booted and I chose "boot sierra from usb) but instead of booting sierra, it booted the sierra installation proceducre ( I also noticed neither my windows hard drive nor my sierra hard drive were available for options to install sierra. only the usb stick)

Not sure what to do now.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmmm, easiest way to diagnose is to remove the Mac drive form your trouble desktop and mount it with a SATA->USB cradle on another Mac. From there you can run fdisk on it to verify the partitions, active, etc. and perhaps reinstall clover on it, if necessary.