El Capitan Cpus=1 - last problem - please help!

3 posts in this topic

Ok, so my build is pretty old but I won't have cash to start anything more up to date until much later in the year and I have some overdue college assignments I have to get done right now (I maybe should mention I'm a mature student so no asking Mummy and Daddy for money for a new machine).

That said, this system has been excellent right up until I tried to change from Yosemite to El Capitan - which I need for a couple of software upgrades.

I've been struggling with this for over a month now, so please help!

I got rid of chimera and made the transition to clover (which I'd already used on other installs) and with a LOT of help across the community from here and elsewhere, have finally got over USB problems, Graphics issues and the huge changes from Yosemite to El Capitan - except for...

Cpus=1 I still have to use to boot and this makes my system incredibly slow and almost unusable with frequent crashes, where Yosemite was rock solid.

I've tried using a ton of suggestion to fix this (but perhaps I am doing them wrong so am willing to try again in detail anything suggested) and even tried making a DSDT and SSDT (but again perhaps I have made mistakes in this?).

I am attaching to this post both an ioreg and a zip of my compete EFI in the hopes that someone here will be kind enough to have a look and advise me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks!

EFI.zip

Craig’s Mac.ioreg.zip

Nothing changed much I'm afraid - you were right about the entries to remove.

I did try the 11.1, 11.2 SMBIOS options again but - as when I was trying to fix this before, a few weeks back - the system seems to boot and then gives me a black screen, hence one of the reasons I settled on MacPro 4.1.

I've added some basic system specs to my signature too.

Thanks!