Assistance Please: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 + 8700K + 1050 ti

17 posts in this topic

Everything works as best I can tell, just not optimally: 

Sleep: Sometimes will deep sleep, other times will go black with fans/lights still on. 

Panic: Sometimes will not wake, as it shut down sometime during sleep.

Audio: Was working, then was quitting after every sleep, though turning volume down to zero and back would sometimes fix it. I ran something and something else, changed a value from 7 to 11, to 1, .. 8 .. back to 7 again. It works from the headphone jack, no where else. The Line Outs on the back would be nice ;-)

Been doing these since the beginning, though always settled on "it just works", and stuck with it. 

I would like to understand DSDT / MaciASL / Compiling / Error fixing .. 

I was following this thread: (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Bios F7h + i7 8700K + GTX108) though I have not added Bluetooth yet, I need to get the right controller + 32 more GB.. ;-) 

Send me ICBM-x6.zip

ICBM-x6.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Everything works as best I can tell, just not optimally: 

Sleep: Sometimes will deep sleep, other times will go black with fans/lights still on. 

Panic: Sometimes will not wake, as it shut down sometime during sleep.

Audio: Was working, then was quitting after every sleep, though turning volume down to zero and back would sometimes fix it. I ran something and something else, changed a value from 7 to 11, to 1, .. 8 .. back to 7 again. It works from the headphone jack, no where else. The Line Outs on the back would be nice ;-)

Been doing these since the beginning, though always settled on "it just works", and stuck with it. 

I would like to understand DSDT / MaciASL / Compiling / Error fixing .. 

I was following this thread: (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Bios F7h + i7 8700K + GTX108) though I have not added Bluetooth yet, I need to get the right controller + 32 more GB.. ;-) 

DSDT.aml.zip

use some patches in config.plist

GFX0 to IGPU

HDAS to HDEF

HECI to IMEI
494d4549

Use NVidiaFix Kext

audio after sleep, use codeccommander if u need
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@MaLd0n,

I have the same motherboard working with i7-8700K, AMD RX 580 and Thunderbolt 3 Card in combination with a OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock and facing reboot instead of shutdown when shutting down.
I have tried all kind of combination in Clover like "shutdown" "Firewire" "Smart UPS" "Halt Enabler" "regions and so on but because of Firewire my system reboots instead of shutting down.

I first started with a Startech FireWire PCI card and faced it first time so I went to pull that thing out and it shuts down easily.

After inserting it back it won't shutdown. Now I have OWC Thunderbolt dock with FireWire on it and same issue reoccurs.
would you have any idea of what the culprit could be?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Edkroket said:

@MaLd0n,

I have the same motherboard working with i7-8700K, AMD RX 580 and Thunderbolt 3 Card in combination with a OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock and facing reboot instead of shutdown when shutting down.
I have tried all kind of combination in Clover like "shutdown" "Firewire" "Smart UPS" "Halt Enabler" "regions and so on but because of Firewire my system reboots instead of shutting down.

I first started with a Startech FireWire PCI card and faced it first time so I went to pull that thing out and it shuts down easily.

After inserting it back it won't shutdown. Now I have OWC Thunderbolt dock with FireWire on it and same issue reoccurs.
would you have any idea of what the culprit could be?

Thanks

send me full dump

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Edkroket said:

Here is direct download link as here I have errors of uploading.

https://www.applesupported.nl/nextcloud/index.php/s/l4hqxVnn6wDcDc8

Let me know if you have it and even better if you know what could be the problem.

Thanks

test

CLOVER.zip
https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/H3UjjADE/file.html

send me new send_me after reboot, use full clover folder

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

Works like a charm Thanks I see you have changed al my USB edits and different way to have Audio on so I will test them but is there anything else that needs my attention?
Really appreciate your time and work!

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edkroket said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Works like a charm Thanks I see you have changed al my USB edits and different way to have Audio on so I will test them but is there anything else that needs my attention?
Really appreciate your time and work!

Ed

i apply a correct patches for a perfect usb work, no errors log, etc

take a tests and let me know

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edkroket said:

I already tested all and all is great also USB. I didn't know about the 300 kext. So anyway thanks for your great work! And have a nice day!

SERIE 200 AND 300 need a extra injector + USBInjectAll ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2018 at 10:05 AM, MaLd0n said:

SERIE 200 AND 300 need a extra injector + USBInjectAll ;)

Greetings, MaLd0n!

I've been on a 4790k system for a few years now, just upgraded after extensive research to an 8700k system using the Aorus Gamin 7 mobo. Thanks to your help here in this thread and the Clover folder you uploaded above, I've got everything working it would seem! There's just one odd exception. I have a USB 3.0 PCI add-in card which was working fine in 10.13.4 on my 4790k system. But now on this system, it causes a restart on shutdown. As soon as I remove the card, shutdown works. With the card in, shutdown always restarts. Everything else works perfectly for me except for that, and I really need those extra ports! Any ideas?? Thank you so much!

Send me Erics-iMac.zip

55 minutes ago, EricNUFO said:

Greetings, MaLd0n!

I've been on a 4790k system for a few years now, just upgraded after extensive research to an 8700k system using the Aorus Gamin 7 mobo. Thanks to your help here in this thread and the Clover folder you uploaded above, I've got everything working it would seem! There's just one odd exception. I have a USB 3.0 PCI add-in card which was working fine in 10.13.4 on my 4790k system. But now on this system, it causes a restart on shutdown. As soon as I remove the card, shutdown works. With the card in, shutdown always restarts. Everything else works perfectly for me except for that, and I really need those extra ports! Any ideas?? Thank you so much!

Send me Erics-iMac.zip

check if work

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

I'm now removing the USB 3.0 card and switching over to a USB 3.0 hub instead to solve this problem. But I'm worried now, why would this card work perfectly plug and play with my 4790k system but not work plug and play with this one? Is something wrong in my Clover configuration that's messing things up?