InsanelyMac Forum
CuriousMac

Assistance Please: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 + 8700K + 1050 ti

Everything works as best I can tell, just not optimally: 

Sleep: Sometimes will deep sleep, other times will go black with fans/lights still on. 

Panic: Sometimes will not wake, as it shut down sometime during sleep.

Audio: Was working, then was quitting after every sleep, though turning volume down to zero and back would sometimes fix it. I ran something and something else, changed a value from 7 to 11, to 1, .. 8 .. back to 7 again. It works from the headphone jack, no where else. The Line Outs on the back would be nice ;-)

Been doing these since the beginning, though always settled on "it just works", and stuck with it. 

I would like to understand DSDT / MaciASL / Compiling / Error fixing .. 

I was following this thread: (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Bios F7h + i7 8700K + GTX108) though I have not added Bluetooth yet, I need to get the right controller + 32 more GB.. ;-) 

Send me ICBM-x6.zip

ICBM-x6.ioreg.zip

Advertisement

Everything works as best I can tell, just not optimally: 

Sleep: Sometimes will deep sleep, other times will go black with fans/lights still on. 

Panic: Sometimes will not wake, as it shut down sometime during sleep.

Audio: Was working, then was quitting after every sleep, though turning volume down to zero and back would sometimes fix it. I ran something and something else, changed a value from 7 to 11, to 1, .. 8 .. back to 7 again. It works from the headphone jack, no where else. The Line Outs on the back would be nice ;-)

Been doing these since the beginning, though always settled on "it just works", and stuck with it. 

I would like to understand DSDT / MaciASL / Compiling / Error fixing .. 

I was following this thread: (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Bios F7h + i7 8700K + GTX108) though I have not added Bluetooth yet, I need to get the right controller + 32 more GB.. ;-) 

DSDT.aml.zip

use some patches in config.plist

GFX0 to IGPU

HDAS to HDEF

HECI to IMEI
494d4549

Use NVidiaFix Kext

audio after sleep, use codeccommander if u need

Try to use CodecCommander and hda-verb, i think the problem might be in EAPD of your motherboard’s codec.

@MaLd0n,

I have the same motherboard working with i7-8700K, AMD RX 580 and Thunderbolt 3 Card in combination with a OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock and facing reboot instead of shutdown when shutting down.
I have tried all kind of combination in Clover like "shutdown" "Firewire" "Smart UPS" "Halt Enabler" "regions and so on but because of Firewire my system reboots instead of shutting down.

I first started with a Startech FireWire PCI card and faced it first time so I went to pull that thing out and it shuts down easily.

After inserting it back it won't shutdown. Now I have OWC Thunderbolt dock with FireWire on it and same issue reoccurs.
would you have any idea of what the culprit could be?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Edkroket said:

@MaLd0n,

I have the same motherboard working with i7-8700K, AMD RX 580 and Thunderbolt 3 Card in combination with a OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock and facing reboot instead of shutdown when shutting down.
I have tried all kind of combination in Clover like "shutdown" "Firewire" "Smart UPS" "Halt Enabler" "regions and so on but because of Firewire my system reboots instead of shutting down.

I first started with a Startech FireWire PCI card and faced it first time so I went to pull that thing out and it shuts down easily.

After inserting it back it won't shutdown. Now I have OWC Thunderbolt dock with FireWire on it and same issue reoccurs.
would you have any idea of what the culprit could be?

Thanks

send me full dump

RunMe.app.zip

31 minutes ago, Edkroket said:

Here is direct download link as here I have errors of uploading.

https://www.applesupported.nl/nextcloud/index.php/s/l4hqxVnn6wDcDc8

Let me know if you have it and even better if you know what could be the problem.

Thanks

test

CLOVER.zip
https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/H3UjjADE/file.html

send me new send_me after reboot, use full clover folder

Thanks man. I'll will do so when at home this afternoon. And let you know results.
Have a good day!

Hi MaLd0n,

Works like a charm Thanks I see you have changed al my USB edits and different way to have Audio on so I will test them but is there anything else that needs my attention?
Really appreciate your time and work!

Ed

1 hour ago, Edkroket said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Works like a charm Thanks I see you have changed al my USB edits and different way to have Audio on so I will test them but is there anything else that needs my attention?
Really appreciate your time and work!

Ed

i apply a correct patches for a perfect usb work, no errors log, etc

take a tests and let me know

I already tested all and all is great also USB. I didn't know about the 300 kext. So anyway thanks for your great work! And have a nice day!

8 minutes ago, Edkroket said:

I already tested all and all is great also USB. I didn't know about the 300 kext. So anyway thanks for your great work! And have a nice day!

SERIE 200 AND 300 need a extra injector + USBInjectAll ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DapperDuck
      Quite the title I have chosen for this topic no?

I got my Hackintosh up and running since yesterday. I followed this topic
       and used @MaLd0n 's CLOVER.zip files for kext installation and for the included SSDT's and DSDT. Massive thanks for that btw.

The only *slight* problem I still have is when I have XMP set to profile 1 in the Gigabyte BIOS, and I put my Hackintosh to sleep and I wake it up, I get the message that all USB drives were not ejected properly.

I really don't understand what's causing this problem. I currently have disabled XMP in the BIOS and the USB drives are not getting ejected when my Hack wakes from sleep.
      I use 16GB of Corsair DDR4 Vengeance ram which goes up to 3000MHz. I have XMP profile in CLOVER set to 1. About this Mac reports that my RAM speed is 2998 Mhz. I have a separate SSD drive with Windows on it and I do not think it utilises the full MHz of the RAM because XMP is disabled. 

Hopefully someone is able to help me.

Hackintosh specs:
      Gigabyte Aorus ultimate gaming 
      i7-8700k
      Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz RAM (16GB)
      Nvidia GTX 1080
      System def: iMac 18,3

I have my config.plist in the attached files. Hope this gives enough insight. 
      config.plist
    • By iamcarlito
      Hey everyone, 
      I have a good stable Hackintosh for 1 week now. 

Here's my hack:

CPU - Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  
      CPU Cooler - be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3  
      Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  
      Memory - G-Skillz 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2801   
      Storage - Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  
      Video Card - Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING  
      Case - Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Full Tower Case  
      Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum  
      Monitor - Dell P2715Q 27.0" + Dell SE2417HG 23.5"

What works:
      Sleep/Wake Bluetooth Audio Ethernet iMessage App Store Itunes Video What doesn't work or works weirdly:
      Black display (when connect to GPU display port) when booting. wake up only just before the login. ​It was the Dell P2715Q. This monitor have several troubles when it's time to use the display port.
      Seems almost a common issue with that monitor though. 
      If you want more detail please visit this post.

GPU I bit laggy, for exemple when I scroll in photoshop. Ui lag (Chrome and finder) Usb mapping (I'm using a USBinjectALL.kext without Custom Flags uia_exclude)  Kext:
      AppleALC CodecCommander FakeSMC_ACPISensors FakeSMC_CPUSensors FakeSMC_LPCSensors FakeSMC IntelGraphicsFixup IntelMausiEthernet Lilu NvidiaGraphicFixup SATA-200-series-unsupported Shiki USBInjectAll XHCI-200-series-injector I want to know if someone can gives me tips and tricks to get my build work flawlessly.
      Thanks guys

EDIT:
      @MaLd0n
      run.me app file I get
      Send me Carls-iMac.zip
    • By DjBeppe
      Hi all guys I need your help and I hope you can help me
        I took the road to install High Sierra on my new build and now I have some doubt / difficulty I do not know how to solve.   My configuration: 8700K Asrock Z370 Professional Gaming i7 AMD RX580 Nitro+ 8GB   First I created the usb pendrive and I used Clover with the following configurations:     Bootflag:  dart=0 -v Kext:

Bios Setting: VT-d = Disabled Share Memory = 128MB IGPU Multi-Monitor = Enabled XHCI Hand-off = Enabled SMBIOS: iMac18,3 So far no problem, it started successfully, I initialized the hdd in APFS and I ran the installation.  
      Once finished, it started and I made the first configuration successfully. At this point I configured Clover the same way as the installation:     Bootflag:  dart=0 disablegfxfirmware shikigva=4 -rad4200 darkwake=8 Devices:

Graphics:

Kernel and Kext Patches:

SMBIOS:
      iMac18,3 Kext:

I reboot and start without problems, but I know there is some problem to solve ... for example, the video card seems to recognize it but if I run a benchmark with "Novabench" I noticed that the GPU is recognized as 1GB:   With "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Disabled":      ||     ||     ||    
        I tried to delete "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Enabled" and I recognize the card differently but the same problem presents itself:  
        ||     ||     ||  

Why is it recognized by 1GB instead of 8GB? While on System Profiler is recognized by 8GB .... I'm doing something wrong?

I tried to enable also "Hardware Encoding & HEVC Support" but I noticed a detail that I do not know if it's right or not (Hardware Info "MacX Video Converter Pro"):
        Without "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Enabled":     With "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Disabled":  
      [COMING SOON SCREENSHOT]  
      Is it normal that this occurs? Which one is correct? I'm going completely in confusion

I'm trying to figure out if I need to make any other changes to the system, if I add some other patches to make it work properly but I do not know where to check.
      I'm trying to configure the DSDT but DSDT Editor and MaciASL do not work, they do not open the DSDT.aml file generated by AIDA64.   Do you know how to give me a hand? I'm banging my head for 2 days I thank you in advance for the help and I apologize for my english   I hope I was clear        

• By serial12345
      Hello i guys i have succuss fully build my havkintosh and from title you know everthing
      Yes i have installd high sierra on my coffee lake 8700k processor and with gigabyte z370 hd3p motherboard

The path was hard but manageg to compelete it
      My build

Processor : Intel I7 8700k
      GPU : Sapphire Toxic r9 270x oc
      Motherboard : Gigabyte z370 hd3p
      Cpu Fan : cooler master 103 with LGA 1151 supported
      Ram : 4 gb ram 2400mhz
      PSU : 750 watt

I know i have to upgrade some parts i will attach the sreen shots soon
    • By Mac_Daddy2012
      Hi all, I'm following this guide to install 10.13 to my 8700k build. Specs are as follows

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Rev 1
      Gskill Trident z 32gb 3000
      EVGA 1080ti sc2
      Samsung 850 evo 500gb

I've made a bootable usb following this guide and added the EFI from the thread at the top of this post.

I've edited smbios to be imac 18,3, updated Fake SMC to 3.5.1, am using the latest clover 4318 followed this guide to enable Nvidia gpu. Kexts are already in the “other” folder, removed EMUVariableUEFi. Used Clover Configurator to generate new serial and smuuid and made sure ff and ffm were not zeroes. I've tried this whole process at least a half dozen times in slightly different ways each time. Furthest I've gotten is to the second stage of the install, after the first reboot and the creation of the recovery partition, the installer hangs and gives a somewhat generic error message saying something along the lines of "Mac OS High Sierra can not be installed on this computer. Run Apple Diagnostics."

Checking the install log and I find one error that seems to be of note regarding a failed extraction of Core.pkg if memory serves [was doing this late at night].

Can any one of you gurus provide any help? I really appreciate any help!