Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Bios F7h + i7 8700K + GTX1080

quattrofx

45 posts in this topic

Sorry, 

I was to early.... after couple of reboots, I have problem with shutdown, seams does not doing it properly every second time and after reboot showing failure, first in Boot process and

after on the desktop that the System didn't shutdown properly.  

try

DSDT.aml.zip

u have device conect into USB-C port?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo Maldon,

i have made some changes, actually updates on my system:

1. Updated Shiki.kext Version 2.2.4

2. Updated NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext Version 1.2.3

3. Installed NVidia Web Driver Version .161 - running very stable without glitches.

4. Updated Clover to last new Version 4411

5. Added Sensors.kexts to be able to see Temps in HWMonitor - working without problems and KP´s

After 2 weeks intensive tests i can confirm very stable System running fast. Only problem what i have noticed is Safari witch works slow... somehow loading slowly in cashbuffer, but after buffer download in cash finishes, playing 8K videos converted to 4K Ultra 1440p very well. Anyway, i have installed Firefox and the Firefox is much more faster than Safari! But something very important for all: I have first installed Firefox Version.58 witch freezes after couple  of minutes. Immediately found the solution in Web and instaled the Upgrade Version .59 witch works very stable.

BR

QuattroFX

• Like 1

Very nice!

But you go the best and easiest way with Radeon RX 580 ;-) Do you have some NVidia Graphics for tests?

What do you think about using iMac Pro as identifier for this RIG? Is it better as iMac18.3?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

How did you get the 8700k listed there? On mine it just says unknown CPU. :P

Use TextWrangler to edit English.lproj. 

1.    Copy and paste command into Terminal to open English.lproj directory:

open . /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/

Edit AppleSystemInfo.strings as described:

<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>Unknown</string>

to:

<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>3,7 GHz Intel Core i7-8700(6-Cores)</string>

Reboot and test.

BR

QFX

Edited by quattrofx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, quattrofx said:

Very nice!

But you go the best and easiest way with Radeon RX 580 ;-) Do you have some NVidia Graphics for tests?

What do you think about using iMac Pro as identifier for this RIG? Is it better as iMac18.3?

No more Nvidia, many problems, is a bad drivers xD

iMacPro and iMac18, same. i dont see any diff.

Thanks for the tip, looks good now...

CHMZsyD.png

5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

No more Nvidia, many problems, is a bad drivers xD

Can't argue with this. If it wasn't for the cryptomining craze along with the memory shortage causing issues producing VRAM, I'd pick up a 580 or Vega 56 to replace my 970.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Thanks for the tip, looks good now...

CHMZsyD.png

Can't argue with this. If it wasn't for the cryptomining craze along with the memory shortage causing issues producing VRAM, I'd pick up a 580 or Vega 56 to replace my 970.

the system now run like old time, uffa 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo Maldon,

Sorry, but I must bother you one more time. The .161 Nvidia Drivers are not so good. I've returned to .106 and have less glitches, but still not perfect. 

But, last month I have noticed that my shutdown time is every time longer and longer. Today my PC didn't won't to shutdown at all! Just white spinnig circle on the black background.

Here are some DCPI Export Files and Boot Console Text. Can you take a look and help me please?

THX in advance!

BR QFX

Boot Console.txt.zip

iMac.acpi.zip

• 6 months later...