Need some help after doing something stupid!

Rambler358

5 posts in this topic

So I had a almost perfect Hackintosh High Sierra setup. When I say almost perfect, I'd get a reboot about 4 seconds after I shut down. I also was having some intermittent issues with the system seeing some USB ports. So I mounted EFI and made 2 changes to config.plist. 1) Checked the FixShutdown box, and 2) checked the FixUSB box. I think my issue was with checking the FixUSB box. So after making those changes, I rebooted and the system was stuck at the Apple logo.

I have since tried to reinstall High Sierra, and also tried to restore from a Time Machine backup - the reinstall always hangs at the Apple logo, same with the backup restore. I've attached a pic of the debug screen where the system hangs. I'm at a loss on what to do, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

post-2414051-0-11911100-1519769293_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No joy. ?

After following the steps from your link, I got to the "Boot into System" step, and it froze again at the Apple logo - the debug screen looks exactly like the previous screen shot I took.  Not sure what's going on or what I'm doing wrong here?  I didn't not make any changes to the Clover options, I took the default then attempted to boot from the SSD.  One I did find a bit weird...  When I previously went to reformat the drive, APFS were the only options available to me, so that's how the drive is currently formatted.

post-2414051-0-64151100-1519777454_thumb.jpg

use my clover folder to install and after post files there ;)

I did use your Clover folder (replaced the Clover folder with yours) to do the install, but the install never completed (it hangs at the Apple logo) so I can't copy the post-install files to the SSD.