2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have done a semi-successful install of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on my Dell OptiPlex 3010. When I mean semi-successful, I mean I have some issues left, one of them is Networking.

Networking, meaning Ethernet, does not seem to work on this machine after installing Mac OS. I've tried installing kext files, reinstalling Sierra, and so on but nothing seems to work, I have an Ethernet cable plugged and it's lights flashing and whatever but the connection does not show up in Sierra.

My PC Specs are:

Dell OptiPlex 3010 MT

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7470

4GB of RAM

Realtek RTL8111E

So, Any Help?

-Discount_Mac

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By e.ricu
      Salve, sono da poco riuscito ad installare l'OS di High Sierra sul mio laptop, ma adesso non va la scheda di rete, il bluetooth pare funzionare, invece; inoltre non riesco a rendere l'HDD bootabile, ho installato clover, copiato clover della chiavetta ma niente, la scheda madre non lo riconosce come un OS e non esiste alcuna opzione del tipo "OS type", qualcuno può aiutarmi? grazie in anticipo 
    • By vector sigma
      HWSensor Features
      Control temperature of Intel and AMD CPU Control temperature of AMD, Intel and NVidia cards Control temperature of motherboard Control FANS Control Voltages Control HDD/SSD state (SATA & NVMe) with S.M.A.R.T. monitoring  Control frequencies Laptop Battery Monitoring Different applications support High Sierra compatible Installation to /S/L/E or in the ESP (Clover only)  
      Supported languages:
      English (base), Russian, Italian, Korean and semplified Chinese

Source code: at https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/code3/HEAD/tree/
      Bugs report at https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/tickets/
      Topic for discussion at: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299861-hwsensors3/

Chief Developer @Slice, new HWMonitorSMC2.app and package by @vector sigma
    • By Dakdot
      Hello everyone! Last week I received my Broadcom BCM94352Z (model DW1560) from Newegg, installed it into my Dell Inspiron 5558, and I can't get it to work in macOS 10.13.5. I thought that I might have received a knockoff, so I tried it in Linux Mint, and it recognized it as a BCM4352 and worked perfectly! I've tried almost everything I could find online and nothing is working (see below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Methods I Tried:
      FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo
      I've also used AirportBrcmFixup and BrcmFirmwareData when injecting with Clover
      Laptop Specifications (Closest to MacBookAir 17,1, using SMBIOS for MacBook Pro 12,1)
      Intel Core i5-5250U
      Intel HD 6000 Graphics
      8GB RAM
      1 TB Hard Drive
      ALC3234 (apparently equivalent to ALC255 according to the net)
      Originally Intel Wireless, now BCM94352Z
    • By astroguy
      Sorry for the vague subject line, but I think I have a hardware issue and I'm having trouble diagnosing it.  This is a LONG post because I'm trying to explain what I tried and to give you all the info that I do have.

History: This has been a successful Hackintosh for 2 years 2 months.  I have not changed the OS (still running 10.11.4) just to avoid any problems.  I have not changed the hardware other than GPU about a year ago, hard drives over time, and RAM about two weeks ago.  (Keep that RAM in mind.)

Hardware:
      Motherboard: ASRock Z170 OC Formula CPU: Intel i7-6700K RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 @2400, replaced with Corsair 64GB DDR4 @2133 (but lower CAS latency) GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 PSU: CORSAIR AX760 760W 80+ Platinum CPU Heatsink:  CORSAIR Hydro Series H105  
      Problem, Tuesday Night:  Catastrophic death.  Just shut down, couldn't get it up.  I spent over two hours midnight–2am, then another hour after I got up in the AM, determining that the heatsink pump had died.  To make a three hour story short, the errors on the motherboard were all related to RAM, but it had been running fine with the new RAM for 10 days.  I put in the old RAM and got the computer to boot, and then I heard that the fans were going full-tilt and saw the CPU temperature at just under boiling.  And it shut down.  I determined it was the pump and not motherboard because the pump did not turn on when I moved it to a header on the motherboard that had just been powering a fan that was fine.  So I ordered a new CPU cooler and installed it yesterday.

Problem, Sunday Night: It was running fine for a day, after installing the new CPU heat sink.  We had a brown-out in the morning which apparently did NOT trip any UPS in the house, and the computer restarted.  Seemed fine, then tonight (11 hrs after the brownout), I went to make dinner, came back and all the fans were going and the computer wasn't on.  The light on the Corsair pump was flickering.

Trying to Diagnose:  So, with the light flickering, I thought maybe it was the motherboard after all, and the CPU fan 1 was just dead (or dying).  No problem, moved it to CPU fan 2 and moved the fans for the heatsink to chassis 2 and tweaked the fan speeds in the BIOS (I was able to boot to it) and ... couldn't boot.  I can get to the BIOS.  I can start getting to the Mac OS, but I can't actually boot fully.  The motherboard is cycling between error codes 00 and 19, which from what I can find means CPU (00) or RAM (19).  I have tried powering the whole system down (on the PSU) for awhile, going back to the old RAM (works but then same error code on reboot), and even going to a passive heatsink I had in storage.

Why this May Be a Hackintosh Question:  I have a pattern now to diagnose.  After hitting the restart a few times, I can get into the BIOS, no longer getting the 00/19 error on the motherboard.  I can get to the Clover boot menu, at which point the diagnostic LED on the motherboard turns off.  I can start the Mac OS, it spits out a bunch of diagnostic stuff, and then freezes, and the lights on the motherboard turn back on and flash between the 00 and 19 errors and the display shuts off.  I get to the same spot in the Mac OS startup, and that's when it shuts down.  To me, from the zero that I know about this, it looks like it's saying there's a CPU error.  Meaning I may have fried the CPU (or motherboard? or both?) during that initial CPU cooler failure five days ago.  I have attached a screenshot from the video I took of the screen while starting up the last time.

CMOS Reset:  I tried doing this as an addendum, after taking pictures of every screen in the BIOS so I could restore.  The reset definitely reset the BIOS, I got it to boot to the BIOS again, but I'm stuck at the same death point as in the screenshot.  The ONLY difference is that now instead of just stopping there, it goes black for a few seconds and returns to the BIOS option screen (F2 for BIOS, F11 for Boot, etc.), and then tries to boot the Mac OS again.  Fails at the same point again, the only difference each time is that in that "Backtrace (CPU #) ..." line, the # changes, and the com.apple.lokit.IOBluetoothHostController... hex stuff is different.

Help!?  Do I need a new motherboard and CPU?  Fortunately, everything is backed up hourly, and on my laptop, and the HDDs should still be fine.

• By Trung_Nguyen
      Hello, I have been a long time with the DSDT.aml and an old BIOS so I decided to go to full hotpatch in order that I could update my BIOS flawlessly
      Most things works now(Audio,Brightness slider,...)except the Bluetooth and the Brightness key(IOWMIFamily)
      The Bluetooth is located on an USB hub and now it said Bluetooth: Not Available and not found in Sysinfo BT sub-page.
      I tried to patch the _Q66 into XQ66 to add the code the notify the driver but it doesn't seem to work. The brightness key no longer work on it own(as I have patch the _OSI). So the last thing to do is patch the _Q66 to receive the signal.
      Thanks all
      Archive.zip