USB issues on Asus X79 Deluxe

noisegate

69 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I use this setup (X79 Deluxe - 4930K - HD6870) as an audio rig. It all works fine, I'm only experiencing stability issues with everything USB (audio sound card, MIDI controllers). Logic Pro X keeps randomly losing sync with them.

I installed GenericUSBXHCI (v1.2.11) from the rampagedev X79 dmg. Has anyone successfully used other USB kexts? I mostly use USB 2 ports.

Thanks!

• Like 1

MaLd0n,

This morning I deactivated USB 3.0 in the BIOS and started working with your new setup: no problem whatsoever so far. I know what to do to easily reproduce the connectivity loss, and this time I couldn't.

I'll reactivate USB 3.0 later just to be sure, but I think the new files you just sent definitely helped sort the issue. I'm happy as heck :)

Thank you very very much for your time, I'll keep you posted!

• Like 1

I will let you know how things go today. Someone also advised to disable the Fresco Logic controller using a Clover patch. Would you recommend that? If yes, how is it done?

Thank you very much

Clover Configurator have it, check here

MaLd0n 2018-02-02 às 11.36.01.png

need test for check if work in Sierra/High Sierra

MaLd0n,

This morning I deactivated USB 3.0 in the BIOS and started working with your new setup: no problem whatsoever so far. I know what to do to easily reproduce the connectivity loss, and this time I couldn't.

I'll reactivate USB 3.0 later just to be sure, but I think the new files you just sent definitely helped sort the issue. I'm happy as heck :)

Thank you very very much for your time, I'll keep you posted!

;)

So far the USB problems are gone even with USB 3.0 enabled in the BIOS. So this last batch of files you just sent definitely did the trick. I will let you know if it comes back but I think you sorted it.

Thank you very much for your help man, it's priceless :)

• Like 1